Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 driver's seat tilt handle broken

lloydyyy

Hi all,

A few days ago the driver's seat tilt handle broke in my Fiesta Mk6.  I've attached a few pictures to show what state the mechanism is currently in.  After having a quick look on eBay it seems I can either buy the tilt handle or the tilt handle and cable.  Which part(s) do I need to buy and are they easy to fit?  I'm hoping there'll be a guide on this site somewhere.  Cheers :smile:

20160330_125933.jpg

20160330_125937.jpg

20160330_125944.jpg

pull the cable and check the seat still tilts , if it does, just get the handle, only a 5 min job to replace handle,

• 2 weeks later...

The seat tilts - phew.  Is there a guide on how to replace the handle?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the link to the video.  The instructions were spot on.  I was a bit wary about how the nipple for the cable would be held in place as I thought it would be by the handle.  Easy job - prise the old handle out and bash the new one in its place and it located the nipple for the cable.  It's a nagging job I've been putting off for ages.  Thanks, all! 

• 1 year later...

I have a similar issue. Same car, I can't lift the handle any longer. It is not yet broken. Therefore problem must be the cable. Has anybody ever replaced the cable? Is this a DiY job?

Was looking at new handles and they're going for £20 or £30 which I think is steep for a handle. I wish ford made the handle like on some cars where the handle is on the side of the seat so you just pull it up to make the seat move forward. 

• 3 years later...

Hello! 

This information has already been useful but I think the cable needs replacing on mine, as it's come off under the seat and it seems when you pull it, it is not attached to anything and it may just fall through the entire seat. Is this a garage jobby?

My car is 2006 fiesta if helpful to know. 

Thanks 

When you say "it's come off under the seat" is that because you can see it under the seat ?

The cable is a "Y" cable, where the two ends engage with the release catches on either side of the seat at the hinge mechanism.  On my 2007 Fiesta, one of cable ends had come off the catch, and it could be seen by pushing the seat cushion inwards from the hinge area.  To reconnect it involved taking the seat out of the car, and removing the cushion.

Search a well known auction site and look at the images and you can see the "Z" bit on the end of the cable.  FINIS code is 1441166 RH and 1441167 LH.

I have not changed a cable, but I would think seat removal, seat cushion out, tie a long bit of string at the top of the cable, pull out two ends from the bottom, put string on new cable, and pull back up, 

"Ford Fiesta MK5 MK6 2001-2008 Left Hand Seat Tilt Cable Passenger Side"