Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine management light and limp mode

Jo1974

Having mares!! Bought car cheap coz DMF bit dodge but full checked out service history one owner. Been driving fine albeit with a bit of a rattle from DMF. The other day the engine light came on with engine system fault on the dash and car went into limp mode. Took to garage who said it might be DMF knocking sensors as plugging it in showed no codes. So bit the bullet and paid £750 for new DMF and clutch which bought the car up to the price it should of been. Ok. Now car feels lovely, no rattles, nice and smooth BUT  still in limp mode with light on. Getting a code now which points to glow plugs but there's so much conflicting info I'm starting to wish I had kept my mark 1 which gave me no probs for 4 years. !Removed! cars!! 

If there is an error code for glow plugs then check them out and replace them, that will cause the engine malfunction message and put it in limp mode.

For the price I would change all 4 glow plugs regardless, as once they start to fail then the other won't be that far behind.

Thanks for input. Well returned it back to garage straight away and they have got a tech on it today. Going to replace all 4 and hopefully fingers crossed that will solve the problem. Reading these forums is mind boggling as it seems so many things go wrong with these cars and there seems no definate answer to error codes. Hopefully only have to pay for parts as original diagnosis didn't solve the prob it went in with!! DMF needed doing anyway altho prob would of carried on driving it till it needed it!! 

Well it's sorted!! Two issues DMF had done the knock sensor.  4 new glow plugs from error code as one was knackered and new cable,  good as new!! No extra charge from garage!! Happy days!! Drives like a brand new car!! Let's hope it stays that way!! Lol 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club