Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 TDCI Turbo possible issue

synaesthesia

Trying to investigate a possible problem. No performance related issues at all, yet a while ago come across a tiny amount of oil gathering around a cylinder type arrangement underneath the turbo, on the little ledge circled below.

IMG_20160508_144212.jpg

There doesn't appear to be any oil anywhere else and no loss of oil from engine. I can't seem to recreate it with short runs or sitting still and giving it some welly.

There's a general oil vapour collecting on the top of a couple of hoses but nothing I wouldn't expect from a diesel. There's no lateral play in the turbo vanes.

I thought I had this nailed as a slightly lose hose from the airbox as I've been struggling to find a jubilee clip strong enough to hold this in place, however having found a damn good one I imagine it's not that being the cause.

Anything I should be looking for?

Update: After getting my wife to stamp on the accelerator for a while, I found oil coming from the top of the banjo bolt. It had a bit of play in it anyway, however I recall someone mention it should have a little play. There's about 10-15mm of play though, you can push it in, and when starting pressure pushes it out coated in oil. I can then make out the path of oil from the banjo bolt down the pipe and to that little ridge above.

Can't seem to find much information however on changing that oil feed pipe - is there a handy guide anywhere? The top seems easy but it disappears down behind the DPF and can't see owt from there!

And is there a way to prevent that leak temporarily whilst I wait for the parts?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club