Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk4 1.8 tdci front crankshaft oil seal

michael74

Good afternoon all

I had my car in for a new cambelt yesterday, picked it up and the mechanic said that my front crankshaft oil seal may have gone, its going back in to have the area degreased and cleaned and then I have to take it back again to be reinspected, he said it wont be cheap... any experience of this anyone?  Thanks in advance.  Michael

Ask them why they did not call you when they noticed the issue during the cam belt change? Could have got it done then and saved you a heap of money.

I don't think he noticed until after the job was done, he did say something about the cam on this engine is in two parts so not immediately obvious and the leak is not a large one, hence why he wants to clean it up up and then see it again.  I don't think he is trying to con me nor is he an incompitant, because the job he did was cheaper than originally quoted due to a different cam belt and kit required for the car and he passed on the saving.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club