Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

stop puncture liquids

joemac666

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has tried the stop puncture products that is injected into the tyre that stops blowouts and punctures?  Are they any good or waste of time/money?

Thanks.

I know first hand that they do work, at least after a puncture has already taken place (so logically they should also prevent future punctures), but I wouldn't want to use them for the sake of it purely because of the troubles they can cause when it comes to having the tyres replaced. 

• Like 1

I think they might also put the wheel out of balance. Much better option to go for a plug as an emergency repair

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, GMo said:

I think they might also put the wheel out of balance. Much better option to go for a plug as an emergency repair

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Yes, that is absolutely right.  As I say, they are great in an emergency (I always have a can of Tyre Weld in the boot), but I wouldn't consider putting any liquid in the tyres unless I needed to. 

• Like 1

These products should be banned!! Esp when your the one who has to remove the tyre with all that !Removed! in there. Lol

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, iantt said:

These products should be banned!! Esp when your the one who has to remove the tyre with all that !Removed! in there. Lol

Sadly though the majority of today's motorists either don't know how to change a tyre, or their vehicle was made in the last 10 years and doesn't even have one, so the only options are to use a liquid puncture repair or wait at the side of the road for a recovery vehicle whilst potentially being a hazard.  Or for Vauxhall drivers the third option is to drive on the flat for miles and miles, seemingly oblivious... :ohmy:

• Like 1

I use this stuff in my mountain bike, only because it's got tubeless tyres on it lol

Otherwise, I'm with Ian on this. I would much rather have a spare wheel! The only time I've actually had a puncture while driving was a dented rim - no amount of tyre sealant was gonna fix that lol 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Sadly though the majority of today's motorists either don't know how to change a tyre, or their vehicle was made in the last 10 years and doesn't even have one, so the only options are to use a liquid puncture repair or wait at the side of the road for a recovery vehicle whilst potentially being a hazard.  Or for Vauxhall drivers the third option is to drive on the flat for miles and miles, seemingly oblivious... :ohmy:

Both my 8 year old cars came with a spare wheel. :tongue: 

My Great Aunt was fooled into having this pre-sealant put into her tyres (at an extortionate cost of course, she's an old lady)...she never had a puncture for the rest of the time she owned the car.  Whether it works or was just a coincidence I don't know lol. :laugh: 

I've currently got a duff tyre that I have to keep pumping up...and a can of tyreweld that's been hanging around the tool box for years...tempting!  I went to use it to find it's only suitable for up-to 15" wheels...  Ideal when I have 16s and 17s... :dry:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, stef123 said:

I use this stuff in my mountain bike, only because it's got tubeless tyres on it lol

Otherwise, I'm with Ian on this. I would much rather have a spare wheel! The only time I've actually had a puncture while driving was a dented rim - no amount of tyre sealant was gonna fix that lol 

I thought I was the only person crazy enough to do that xD 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Both my 8 year old cars came with a spare wheel. :tongue: 

My Great Aunt was fooled into having this pre-sealant put into her tyres (at an extortionate cost of course, she's an old lady)...she never had a puncture for the rest of the time she owned the car.  Whether it works or was just a coincidence I don't know lol. :laugh: 

I've currently got a duff tyre that I have to keep pumping up...and a can of tyreweld that's been hanging around the tool box for years...tempting!  I went to use it to find it's only suitable for up-to 15" wheels...  Ideal when I have 16s and 17s... :dry:

You know what I mean... :rolleyes:

I'd give that Tyre Weld a go, it would probably work fine as your tyres will be quite low profile despite having larger rims.  Just make sure you let almost all the air out of the tyre first, add the can, drive the required distance to seal it (touch wood) and then top up more if necessary.  It worked 100% on slow punctures to both our Focus and Primera. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club