Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help issues when putting car in reverse

smurf1242

so i noticed this first happen friday night when i got home i was reversing in to my spot out side my house moved car forward abit more when putting it back in reverse there was no biting point no power as if the clutch had gone i took it out of reverse and put it in 1st gear it pulled forward as it should put it in reverse it worked fine then same thing saturday night too any idea what this could be?

Thank you

I'm guessing you have the B5 (5 speed) gearbox.

They use the same one in the current Fiesta, there is no synchromesh on reverse for this box.

You have to make sure you are not moving at all when engaging reverse or it can miss.

Even then, sometimes it will not go in, I used to have to pump the clutch, or hold it down a few secs before engaging reverse to help it go in.

• Like 1

Yeah it is thank you that seems to be what you said no other explanation was abit worried when there was no power there or anything haha thank you :)

there all the same on that box:smile:

I always use to put in 4th and then reverse   . That way it always went in first time

Il Give that a try thank you, at the moment i just seem to be taking it out and putting it back in a few times befor it does anything

I can't believe they haven't added a synchro to reverse on the newer ones! :unsure: 

But yeah, mine doesn't like reverse either, particularly when cold, best to park so you can pull away forwards when cold if possible.  It's not quite so bad when warm, does still sometimes require a double clutch even when warm and stationary though!  You can usually feel when it hasn't gone all the way in, but I guess that just comes from experience.

i only seem to have the issue when i get home and i have to park up when im out and about never seem to have the issue maybe she just doesnt like me parking her up just loves to be drove lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club