Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet strut

smurf1242

Would i have to declare a bonnet strut on the insurance or not?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focus-Mk1-Bonnet-Strut-Kit-by-NB-STyling-/131874935434?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

is there anything specific i would need to do when installing it or simply bolt it on and thats it?

thank you guys

Technically yes, it's a modification. 

any idea what kind of an impact it will have?

1 hour ago, smurf1242 said:

any idea what kind of an impact it will have?

Not a clue but im sure someone will have done it and know the answer. If not, give your insurance a ring and enquire as to whether they would charge you extra or not. 

Okay thank you, hopefully doesnt have an impact as it can be seen as abit more safety atleast bonet cant fall on you kind of thing

It could be something your insurance company are not interested in, for example tow bars. I've always phoned up to say I've fitted one so want to declare it and been told a tow bar doesn't matter. Similarly with my bike, I phoned up to declare a tail tidy and was told its covered as standard on my policy so don't need to inform them. 

I think its probably just one of those things, depends how picky they want to be. 

True atleast it wont shoot up like it did with the exhaust and alloys

regardless of insurance implications , £50 for 2 small aftermarket struts and a few bolts & washers is pretty steep , i wouldnt pay that for sure.

That's exactly what I'm thinking biff for something which basically makes no difference barely to the car 

ive added tons of mods and it made no difference at all with the exception of my rear disc brakes, even tho they are 100% Ford stock parts most insurance companies won't touch it, or consider them performance upgrades

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club