Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST3 seats into a Titanium

Skeksis

Just got myself a set of 2014 pre-face lift ST3 hatchback seats with a view to fit into a 2015 face lift Titanium Estate (owned 6 days so far:smile:)

Has anyone gone about this conversion before?

Current car doesn't have electric seats or heated pads as standard so I know there'll be some difficulties ahead so any comments appreciated - be gentle, I'm a newbie to the Focus!

I'm assuming that the loom components will be in place although not attached to anything and know that the heated seat control switches will need adding to the console.

At the least, if it all fails there'll be a nice set available for someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done a similar replacement, fitted ST3 seats into a titanium X. Don't assume that the required wiring will be in place, my experience is that it won't be. I suspect you will have to provide wiring to get power to the seat adjustment connections and will probably have to provide interconnection between the heat controls and the seat heater connections. The titanium x  has heated seats as standard so that wasn't a problem for me. It only has one powered seat (drivers side) so I had to splice into the wiring loom under the passenger's seat to get a power feed to the seat. The powered seats are fed via a fuse in the boot fusebox straight off the battery, so are live with the ignition off. The seat heaters (or rather the ignition controlled relay) are fed via the BCM and (I am told) require programming to enable them. There is no reason why you can't fit an ignition controlled relay of your own to provide power to the heaters. The heat control modules are underneath the seats themselves and have a pair of wires going off to the control knob on each side, which is just a variable resistor with a switch.

I couldn't get hold of inserts to go in either the multipin plug on the seat or the socket on the wiring loom, so I fitted separate ones.

I would be interested in the reason you want to change the seats. I had the half leather ones in mine, but we found out halfway through the first long drive that they gave both myself and my wife serious backache. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club