Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 ecoboost 5spd high clutch

rm9

Hello everyone, 

My focus has a very high clutch. It's pretty much right at the end of the pedal travel and I'm very worried that it's just gonna suddenly go. The car is 3 months old with 4000 miles. I've always been very gentle with the clutch. It always fully engages, never slips and I've tested it by pulling away in 2nd. Going from 1st to second to fifth etc. I think the clutch is always been high. I'm just worried it's not normal

Is it normal for the clutch on the 5spd model to be as high as it is? 

I would go to ford about it but I'm worried they're gonna blame me for bad driving style

Cheers

Richard

Don't know about the mk3, but the mk2 is really high, takes a little getting used to at first but you soon get the hang of it.

• Like 1

Don't know about the mk3, but the mk2 is really high, takes a little getting used to at first but you soon get the hang of it.

Alright mate Cheers. I was testing the pedal travel and by the looks of it, it starts to engage at just over half of the pedal travel. It just feels higher for some reason.

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The 100 HP version of the 1.0 ECOboost has the old 5-speed IB5 gearbox. In its current form this type of gearbox is used by Ford since 1996. This type of gearbox is combined with a single mass flywheel and a hydraulically actuated clutch with automatic adjustment system. This adjustment system always keeps the engagement point of the clutch pedal at the same height and compensates the wear of the clutch friction plate. Even if the clutch is completely worn the engagement point of the clutch pedal will still be at the same height

A high clutch pedal is a characteristic of the automatic adjustment system. I owned several Ford models with this type of gearbox and all had the high clutch pedal.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club