Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Fluid Change not on service schedule?

Gavinb

Told this would be an extra £40 (3 years service), didn't have the car last service, so not sure whether it was done.  

My reply- I'm paying £300 for the service, if it was that important, it would be part of it. 

Why isn't it part of the service? I was told it was recommended by Ford.

Over a period of time brake fluid absorbs water.   When there's too much water in the fluid, the heat from the brakes can cause the water to boil and turn to vapour which, unlike brake fluid, is compressible.   You will then have a spongy brake pedal and inefficient brakes.

The brake fluid change is not included on any service, not only Ford.

Check the colour of the fluid, if its dark then its best to change it, personally I bought myself a 'Vizibleed' brake bleeding kit - its basically a 1 way valve, some tube and a locking collar, I swapped out and bled my brakes the other week, didn't even need to take the wheels off.

• Like 1

It's the same with every manufacturer I've had experience with. Recommended to be changed every 2 years, but not included in the standard schedule or price.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club