Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S v ST ride heights

Tomson

My estate is a Zetec S and has factory fitted 18 inch alloys to it. however, the right is slightly too high for my liking.

The ST estate also runs on 18s and its height is perfect for me. Am i right in thinking the shocks are the same but the springs are different, in that if i buy OEM springs for the ST i can fit them to mine and all will be well?

Hi tom, I have a zetec s and mine has poly bushes on standard zetec s suspension with 18" rims with low profile tyres on. It don't think it sits to bad, plus I can still ride the speed humps ok.

• Like 1

Both the springs and the shocks of the Focus ST are different from the "normal" Focus MK3/MK3.5 versions.

Next to this the original front springs and shocks are based on engine/transmission weight. There are 3 different types of suspension. Standard, Sport and Heavy Duty. Which type of suspension is installed depends on trim level and market (country). Next to this within these 3 types of suspension every engine type has its own springs because of the differences in engine/transmission weight. 

Installing the springs and shocks of a Focus ST to a "normal" Focus MK3/MK3.5 can only be done if the engine/transmission weight matches the weight of the ST engine/transmission. Installing ST springs and shocks to any version with a lighter type of engine/transmission will result in the front of the car standing higher than the back of the car. This does not only look horrible but also can make the car instable.

Personally I would go for a decent set of lowering springs that are designed for your type of engine. The Eibach Pro-Kit springs for example are an original Ford accessoire. These springs can be combined with the original shocks and make the car look a lot better. These springs make the car a lot stiffer without loosing much comfort.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Noonie said:

Hi tom, I have a zetec s and mine has poly bushes on standard zetec s suspension with 18" rims with low profile tyres on. It don't think it sits to bad, plus I can still ride the speed humps ok.

Which bushes did you go for? If you don't mind me asking :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club