Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 oil leak..

Cageyfire

I'm hoping someone might be able to help.  I've got a '56 plate Focus MK2 and it's leaking oil - quite a slow drip.  I've circled the bit that it's dripping from, but I can't really ID where the leak is. Any ideas? I don't see any corrosion or holes in the bit it's dripping from, it looks as though the oil is leaking from higher up.

15337672_10154631315691278_9075624383415809429_n.jpg

I had a leak in the same area not long ago, the garage I had mine done at said there was an 8mm Dia 'breather pipe' from the gearbox had split so they just cut it and reconnected it. Sorry I can't be more specific but check the colour/smell of the oil as it may give a hint to its source. (I believe the various oils are differently coloured i.e. red for stearing fluid etc) and see if your engine oil level has dropped

Thanks for the reply.  It's definitely oil - the levels are slowly dropping and the oil is pretty black.

Is your oil filter loose? Might be easier to give all the visible oil a good clean so you might be able to see a trail where the oil is running down from.

I'm pretty sure it's not the filter - the filter is totally dry and is pretty separate to whatever it is that I've pictured.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club