Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New MK7 1.0 ecoboost owner here from the US.

anarchyx34

Hello everyone. I recently bought a new 2016 Fiesta SE 1.0 Ecoboost. The US based Fiesta forums seem to be a little slow-moving so I decided to register here since it seems Fiestas are very popular in the UK. Hoping to learn lots from you guys. 

GL96GCm.jpg

My car probably looks funny to you because they aren't available as saloons in the UK. I actually tried to find a hatch but nobody had them. The saloon looks good to me and is actually a good 12 inches longer than the hatch. Doesn't seem too tiny. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the site!:smile:

I thought you had really cheap petrol in America? The 1.0 is popular over here due to our high fuel costs, it must hardly cost you anything to run it. Superchips Bluefin or Mountune kit is popular to bump power up to around 135 - 150bhp. The Fiesta forum is fairly active on here. I have a Focus Zetec S myself.

Welcome! Nice colour but I have to admit the Fiesta looks a bit odd as a saloon though! :ph34r:

Americans aren't keen on hatches are they? Although I've heard they're getting more popular again?

Good choice of engine, is it a manual or auto?

14 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Welcome to the site!:smile:

I thought you had really cheap petrol in America? The 1.0 is popular over here due to our high fuel costs, it must hardly cost you anything to run it. Superchips Bluefin or Mountune kit is popular to bump power up to around 135 - 150bhp. The Fiesta forum is fairly active on here. I have a Focus Zetec S myself.

Petrol is cheap here (at the moment) but small, fuel efficient cars have seen quite a boom since we had a sudden huge spike in fuel prices a few years ago. I think it's part of a growing effort to be more ecologically conscious, longer commuting distances for many (sometimes 40-50 miles each way), and smaller cars are more practical for cities.  My own motivation for this particular engine wasn't for fuel economy though but for the added torque and smoothness over all of the other 4-cyl economy cars in my price range. I live in NYC and torqueyness for stop-and-go traffic is really beneficial. The 1.0 hasn't been popular here (nor has the Fiesta overall) and I actually had to go to a dealer 130 miles away to find one. Got an incredible deal on it though ($14k minus tax and reg). There's nothing I could have bought for the same price that would have come close. 

14 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Welcome! Nice colour but I have to admit the Fiesta looks a bit odd as a saloon though! :ph34r:

Americans aren't keen on hatches are they? Although I've heard they're getting more popular again?

Good choice of engine, is it a manual or auto?

Thank you. :) In the US the 1.0 Fiesta only comes in manual, which is partially why they never really took off sales wise. That and you're limited as to what options you can get. It's decently equipped (heated seats, auto aircon, etc..) but no premium options available. Hatches in general have never really been popular here but there definitely has been a lot more of them lately, particularly in cities. Golf's and Honda Fits are all over the place now, at least in NYC. 

Yes a 1.0 is probably a bit of a shock to the system for Americans used to massive engines! I'm amazed Ford even offered it there, especially in something even bigger than a Fiesta like the Focus. Are manuals really that unpopular then?

When I went to California last year I saw a few Fiestas but loads more Focus'. Obviously the slight increase in size makes it much more appealing. I noticed a lot of them were hatches too, but in California they are quite keen on European cars and the hatch is more stylish so maybe that's a pluspoint. (IMO of course) The hatch is more expensive though isn't it? Don't know why!

Maybe they're popular in cities due to them being more compact and easier to park...

Ive noticed quite a few new hatches are going on the market there including big sellers like the Chevrolet Cruze and Honda Civic hatchbacks. 

Welcome :-)  Never seen a saloon version of a Fiesta before, interesting. 

12 hours ago, WES180 said:

It needs some alloys too!:smile:

It looks a bit like our Mondeo's from that angle.

Agreed :-)  It does, and it does :-)

Nice colour by the way

16 hours ago, WES180 said:

It needs some alloys too!:smile:

It looks a bit like our Mondeo's from that angle.

It will eventually. Oddly enough the SE trim level normally comes standard with alloys, unless you get the Ecoboost engine, then you get steelies. 

16 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Yes a 1.0 is probably a bit of a shock to the system for Americans used to massive engines! I'm amazed Ford even offered it there, especially in something even bigger than a Fiesta like the Focus. Are manuals really that unpopular then?

When I went to California last year I saw a few Fiestas but loads more Focus'. Obviously the slight increase in size makes it much more appealing. I noticed a lot of them were hatches too, but in California they are quite keen on European cars and the hatch is more stylish so maybe that's a pluspoint. (IMO of course) The hatch is more expensive though isn't it? Don't know why!

Maybe they're popular in cities due to them being more compact and easier to park...

Ive noticed quite a few new hatches are going on the market there including big sellers like the Chevrolet Cruze and Honda Civic hatchbacks. 

Idea wise it is a bit shocking as a 1.0 is a pretty tiny engine, but power output wise it's comparable (and torquier) than the average 120hp 4-cyl cars everyone drives. Not everyone here has a V8. :) My previous car however was a hulking Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 that got 10mpg though so this is a bit of a jump for me, but I don't really find it underpowered at all. 

3 hours ago, JIMMWX said:

Welcome :-)  Never seen a saloon version of a Fiesta before, interesting. 

Thank you. Here's a back shot for the curious. 

PXzSLcg.jpg?1

• Like 1

awwww its a baby Mondeo!

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay here :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomson said:

awwww its a baby Mondeo!

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay here :)

LOL

I thought that as well once I saw the back of it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I got some alloys for it finally. :tongue:

nuRufh1.jpg

• Like 1

The alloy wheels definitely improve the look of the car.

4 hours ago, James said:

The alloy wheels definitely improve the look of the car.

They sure are - makes it look alot better

Welcome

21 hours ago, anarchyx34 said:

I got some alloys for it finally. :tongue:

nuRufh1.jpg

much better :smile:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club