Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

any Large Scale RC hobbyists out there?

Tomson

Apart from my pride and joy I also dabble in RC. Mostly Nitro and my 1/5 scale 2-Stroke, however, not many others are into it around my area so I end up thrashing the local fields alone...

anyone else here into RC? Cars, planes, drones etc?

Photo 06-12-2016, 21 27 46.jpg

IMG_0519.JPG

• Like 4

I gave up doing 1/8 buggy and truggy stuff. Moved onto 1/5 scale for a while. Started off with a Baja SS kit and also a losi 5T. I absolutely loved my Losi stuff, had spares for absolutely everything and barely ever needed any, bearings were the most common failures. The losi 8ight buggy and truggy took some beatings every weekend too! 

Ive had various other bits n pieces and electric stuff in between. 

Got kinda bored of them and moved onto helicopters. Still have a few of those, biggest one is a blade 450x.

when I was younger, my dad used to scratch build all sorts of model boats, machine parts etc. I won the Scottish steering and docking championship back in 2005 lol. 

• Like 2

iv got a madrat electric buggy brought it a few years ago but its been in the shed a while, looking at this post makes me want to give the battery a charge. not fast but may get a nitro fuled one in the new year and take it up the bike jumps, i have the tendency to crash it, im glad it dosnt go into my actual driving.

Look to enter the ROSSA land speed records to get yourself a world record if you are into speed :)

Before I had a licence to drive I had a 1/6th scale nitro methane R/C car with 2 speed gear box 😁

The two speed gearbox changed up automatically as the revolutions for faster. It's purpose was mainly for two tone exhaust sound effect.

cost me an absolute fortune and I wrote it off doing 75mph hit a kerb lifted off the road and crashed in to a wall shattered the Mitsubishi evolution 6 shall 😉 buckled front drive shaft, split both front shocks cleanly in half and curved the chassis. 

Sold it for parts after that.😧

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club