Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Hotpoint Dryer Fault Code.

jace1969

Yes not a car but our Dryer,its a new Dryer say 6 months old and a condenser one but every now and then i get a F-06 code and 3 red lights on and stops.

Filters all clean etc,i have found washers with this code and says door lock but the door don't lock as its a dryer so you can stop it by opening the door.

Its under warranty but just a dam hassle as its hit and miss,just thought i would ask on here see if any washer people or a fault that others have had.

• Like 1

Wait, I didn't even know this was a thing...where is the OBD port on a washing machine? :unsure: 

46 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Wait, I didn't even know this was a thing...where is the OBD port on a washing machine? :unsure: 

Wish there was lol

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

It advises to check for obstructions in the door lock here:

http://www.indesitservice.co.uk/appliances/washing-machines/error-codes/

There is no lock as its a dryer,you open the Door and it stops and this is what i keep getting off people and why im very confused with it.

I have read a few things on the code but its for washers and Door lock faulty/stuck etc but there aint one. Lol

But it probably refers to the latch.

There is obviously a door latch sensor so it can detect it is open and pause the program.

Same as what triggers the alarm or courtesy light on a car.

Worth checking the latch is clean and obstruction free, maybe even grease the mechanism a bit if you can see it.

I occasionally get a F13 fault which is the thermistor in my Hotpoint washer/dryer.
I sussed how to sort it myself so not a major problem.
I keep a spare thermistor handy for the day when the old one finally taps out.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

On 18/12/2016 at 10:40 AM, TomsFocus said:

On 18/12/2016 at 11:27 AM, jace1969 said:

Wish there was lol

There will a header (sometimes just bare pins: sometime a socket) on the washing machine's control PCB, that you could if you desired, connect to and run diagnostic software.  But the expense, unless you're an appliance engineer with numerous washing machines in need of probing;  it wouldn't really be worth it.

• Like 1

I have contacted Hotpoint on live chat and said monitor it to when it happens or if it gets worse.

Only 6 months old,a replacement for the old 'fire one' what they recalled so had a top range new one,so much for top range.

22 hours ago, GMX said:

There will a header (sometimes just bare pins: sometime a socket) on the washing machine's control PCB, that you could if you desired, connect to and run diagnostic software.  But the expense, unless you're an appliance engineer with numerous washing machines in need of probing;  it wouldn't really be worth it.

Tbh I was thinking more remapping than just diagnostics...  Give it a bit more torque, faster spin, more economical on electricity and water...  Wonder if I can Bluefin my Aquarius machine, I mean they both sound compatible... :biggrin: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I have contacted Hotpoint on live chat and said monitor it to when it happens or if it gets worse.

Only 6 months old,a replacement for the old 'fire one' what they recalled so had a top range new one,so much for top range.

No such thing as a top range Hotpoint since the early 2000s unfortunately.

4 hours ago, jace1969 said:

What's top of the range for a dryer?  They only do one thing lol? :laugh:  Not like a washing machine that can have several different cycles or dose its own detergent...

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

No such thing as a top range Hotpoint since the early 2000s unfortunately.

Tbh pretty much every 'cheap' machine is made by the same company these days, Whirlpool iirc, they own Hotpoint, Creda, Indesit, Ariston etc! 

To anyone with a Hotpoint appliance (except a fridge freezer and an Aqualtis washer) GET RID as they are krap.
I worked for Hotpoint for 18 years 10 of which was home delivery and for as many deliveries I made I made a collection too.
Anyone remember the Ariston add the go on and on? Well I'll tell you in one year alone I picked up over 1000 of them and they were only 2 and 3 years old. It was the Merloni family in Italy that owned ariston then Hotpoint etc.
I still keep in touch with my old workmates and they tell me nowt changed except they've dropped the Aqualtis model (the original one and by far the best washer made by anyone anywhere)
Just my advise from knowledge and experience.

• Like 1

I know Hotpoint is no good,if it wasn't for the replacement i would of gone for another one but either that or not one and i need one as i 24/7 care so needs

to do drying fast..

As for 'top range' as they quote its for the programs/energy rating etc as i use it LOADS so a better/lower rating helps me and setting it up on programs so i can

attend to other stuff in the house (never go out and leave it on) but this is a pain as you leave it then go back and turned off with this error.

16 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

To anyone with a Hotpoint appliance (except a fridge freezer and an Aqualtis washer) GET RID as they are krap.
I worked for Hotpoint for 18 years 10 of which was home delivery and for as many deliveries I made I made a collection too.
Anyone remember the Ariston add the go on and on? Well I'll tell you in one year alone I picked up over 1000 of them and they were only 2 and 3 years old. It was the Merloni family in Italy that owned ariston then Hotpoint etc.
I still keep in touch with my old workmates and they tell me nowt changed except they've dropped the Aqualtis model (the original one and by far the best washer made by anyone anywhere)
Just my advise from knowledge and experience.

So seeing you been there and seen the ups and downs what make would you go for as that is my last option if i cant get this sorted if it gets worse.

The advice is good as its just me and dad who i care for so forums/reviews is my only advice places on most things this is why i ask on here a lot.

Hi Jace. I'm out of touch with what to get. I recently bought a Candy condensing dryer and it's very good. OK it's only 6 months old now but it's a guddun.
I bought it from currys as it was in a sale and it had to be a condenser type.
Try Which and get their reviews/tests. They're very very good for reviews and tests.

2 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Hi Jace. I'm out of touch with what to get. I recently bought a Candy condensing dryer and it's very good. OK it's only 6 months old now but it's a guddun.
I bought it from currys as it was in a sale and it had to be a condenser type.
Try Which and get their reviews/tests. They're very very good for reviews and tests.

Thanks a lot,see if it goes pop so will give it a chance first but cheers.

The only properly decent make of washing machines/dryers I am aware of are Miele.

Most others are much of a muchness, with just differences in parts availability and pricing being the only things that divides them.

There are less than half a dozen real manufacturers of these type of machines.

• Like 1

If you compare the thickness of Haynes Washing Machine Repair manual between editions, The earlier editions are somewhat thicker, when there was more diversity between manufacturers, and few shared components.  Each subsequent edition has got slimmer.

The current edition is about a third as thick, as a handful of manufacturers make all the brands, and share their components

48 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The only properly decent make of washing machines/dryers I am aware of are Miele.

Most others are much of a muchness, with just differences in parts availability and pricing being the only things that divides them.

There are less than half a dozen real manufacturers of these type of machines.

Miele are about the best in the whole large kitchen appliance class, not just washing machines/dryers.  

Although they are probably priced beyond what most people are willing to spend

• Like 1

Miele appliances are so very over priced items. They're above average granted but in my day I picked up more than expected number of them.

We have a old cheap indesit washer and it just keeps going,its about 10+ years old and never had 1 problem with it,lot of stuff on it just

an old model,we had a indesit before and that lasted a good 15years or so.

16 hours ago, GMX said:

If you compare the thickness of Haynes Washing Machine Repair manual between editions, The earlier editions are somewhat thicker, when there was more diversity between manufacturers, and few shared components.  Each subsequent edition has got slimmer.

The current edition is about a third as thick, as a handful of manufacturers make all the brands, and share their components

Miele are about the best in the whole large kitchen appliance class, not just washing machines/dryers.  

Although they are probably priced beyond what most people are willing to spend

You can't compare old models though. Your next one won't last 10 years.

"They don't make them like they used to" as they say.

Plus the real OEM changes over time. When Hotpoint were good, they were using Bosch internals (before they cheapened themselves to compete too).

This is what the big manufacturers are making money on, brand loyalty. People think oh my last one was really good and lasted ages, but they aren't like that anymore. :(

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Miele appliances are so very over priced items. They're above average granted but in my day I picked up more than expected number of them.

What I've got from your posts in here are that all machines are crap and break often so it doesn't matter which you buy... :laugh: 

10 years old without any parts must sound horrendous by now?  Drum bearings don't usually last that long lol! :unsure:  Though that said, my washer dryer combi has sounded awful since the day I got it...still can't work out if it's normal for them to be extra whiny/graunchy on spin up/rundown compared to separates, its fine on full speed spin, just in between.  Worries me every time its on lol.  If it was an AC pump on a car making the same noise it'd be classed as broken! :mellow:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What I've got from your posts in here are that all machines are crap and break often so it doesn't matter which you buy... :laugh: 

10 years old without any parts must sound horrendous by now?  Drum bearings don't usually last that long lol! :unsure: 

My Zanussi washing machine is around 25 years old now, I've changed the drum bearings 3 times, the programmer knob (but not the programmer itself) and buttons once, the door seal once and have replaced the brushes on the drum motor.  I've yet to have a pump failure or a programmer board death

From my washing machine service history, it appears Zanussi bearing need changing every 6-7 years, and accordingly i can expect to change them again in 2018:laugh:

Quite incidently, if you're changing your door seals, pop your glass window in the dishwasher, it come up like new.:smile: 

And when your washing machine finally breaks down to the point of beyond economic repair. You can salvage the glass window, it  makes an ideal salad or trifle bowl.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club