Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Module Replacement Focus 2010

Alan85

Hi,

Newbie here, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong section!

I recently got myself a 2010 Focus 1.8 Zetec, which has bluetooth installed, but was surprised to find I couldn't use it to play bluetooth audio.

I've replaced the 6000cd to a Sony Dab stereo from a 2009 Focus ST, with 05-06-03 firmware, but still doesn't play due to having an older module (8M5T-19G488-AM)

I'm going to get hold of a newer module (8M5T-19C112-AP) which I believe will solve this.

However, I can't for the life of me work out how to get the old one out! I have removed the glovebox, and found where the module is, but I can't work out how to undo the bracket.

Has anyone done this before and have any tips? I can find what feels like a couple of bolts, screwed in back to front, but no idea if these are correct and how to get a screwdriver/torx to it!

Thanks in advance!

There is no need to remove the mounting bracket. The module is installed onto the mounting bracket using a single Torx screw which is located on top of the module. To remove the module you only have to remove this single screw. 

Thanks for coming back to me, I did think of that, but the screw appears to go from the top downwards and there's little to no room above it as far as I can tell.

Do you know what size torx it is? I have some right angled allen key stye ones I can try

Cracked it! I managed to get the module off the bracket by gently bending the bracket downwards so I could fit a T25 behind, 20 minutes and a lot of swearing later, it was out! I've also made things easier for the future by enlarging the hole and putting an M5 nut and bolt through :) 

• 4 years later...

My bluetooth connection has packed up,  I upgraded my phone and it connected to my focus its a 60 plate but a couple of days later it won't work. It says it's bonded and all my contacts are there but ther is no connection. I have been told by the garage that I will need a new module. Can anyone help?

3 hours ago, Alan Horney said:

My Bluetooth connection has packed up,  I upgraded my phone and it connected to my focus its a 60 plate but a couple of days later it won't work. It says it's bonded and all my contacts are there but ther is no connection. I have been told by the garage that I will need a new module. Can anyone help?

Would've been better starting your own topic rather than bumping a 4 year old one, but whatever.

Have you tried resetting the module first?

Failing that it's behind the glovebox, which you can remove by undoing the 7 Torx screws holding it in. Be careful when removing it as there's some ducting attached to the right side of the glovebox for heating/cooling. The module's then located above (it's really awkward to get to)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club