Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 3.5 Tpms deactivation

midnighttd

Anyone in central Scotland able to disable my tpms system as im changing wheels but not using the valves again.

• Like 1

Technically the TPMS system can be deactivated without any problems. The TPMS system can easily be deactivated in the Central Car Configuration using a suitable diagnostic system. For example the Ford IDS/FRDS system or a simple ELM327 interface combined with the FoCCCus or Forscan software.

Be aware that deactivating the TPMS system makes the car no longer apply to the European Vehicle type approval. European regulations require cars that are registered after November 2014 to have a tyre deflation detection system. A MOT failure should be the least of your concerns. In case of an accident the deactivated TPMS system can be a reason for the insurance company not to pay a penny.

Personally I would just install TPMS sensors. 4 new TPMS sensors including installation will cost less than €200,-. This is in my opinion not worth any possible future MOT or insurance problems.

• Like 1

Does the mk3.5 have the deflation detection system like the mk2.5 using the wheel speed sensors?

No, it uses sensors at 433 mhz located in the valves.

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

On 26/12/2016 at 9:47 PM, JW1982 said:

Technically the TPMS system can be deactivated without any problems. The TPMS system can easily be deactivated in the Central Car Configuration using a suitable diagnostic system. For example the Ford IDS/FRDS system or a simple ELM327 interface combined with the FoCCCus or Forscan software.

Be aware that deactivating the TPMS system makes the car no longer apply to the European Vehicle type approval. European regulations require cars that are registered after November 2014 to have a tyre deflation detection system. A MOT failure should be the least of your concerns. In case of an accident the deactivated TPMS system can be a reason for the insurance company not to pay a penny.

Personally I would just install TPMS sensors. 4 new TPMS sensors including installation will cost less than €200,-. This is in my opinion not worth any possible future MOT or insurance problems.

I think only Ford can deactivate the 3.5 TPMS. FoCCCus doesn't work, nor does ELMconfig - I tried. It worked on my Mk3 though.

Forscan as far as I know is reading only.

I had a set of valves fitted to my winter wheels. £10 inc balance per wheel. £80 for the set of 4 valves.

The latest available FoCCCus software version has limited support for the Focus MK3.5. Some of the BCM/IPC hardware numbers that are used on the Focus MK3.5 are supported by the FoCCCus software and some other hardware numbers are not supported.

The Forscan software supports both the Focus MK3 and MK3.5. However Central Configuration support requires the Forscan extended licence. The extended licence can be generated for free after being registered/logged in on the Forscan website.

I personally use the Ford IDS diagnostic system to change the configuration of a Focus MK3/MK3.5. I currently have an original VCM 2 but the IDS software will also work with a good quality clone. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club