Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo losing turbo and power

Jordhastings

Hello all,

I have a 2.0tdci Mondeo that loses the turbo, and then power. Firstly, the power drops and the turbo has gone, followed by the glow plug light flashing. Sometimes accompanied by the engine light showing.

if I roll-start, it'll come back to life, though usually it'll cut out again soon after. The same happens if I pull over and re-start the engine.

This happens whatever the weather or whether the engine is hot or cold. I don't boot my cars or red-line them. I've noticed that it happens more when the engine is under pressure, like hills etc. I can be pottering along at 50mph and it'll die if I dare touch the accelerator. It doesn't do it if I rev it in neutral on the driveway though.

The garage couldn't find any codes stored and had no ideas as to what the problem could be, even though he had problems when he took it for a test drive.

Any pointers would be a great help.

J

Just thought I'd add: 

Today I went to start the car and the battery was too low to turn over. I got a friend to jump it and noticed that it had a Landrover battery on. I didn't like that as it was way too big for the engine bay, so I bought a new one from "Halfrauds".

i fitted it and the car hasn't put a foot wrong since. Could this be what was causing the grief or just a coincidence?

Erm.....hello?

The car was running great, until I filled it right up with fuel. Now the problems are worse than ever. Are there any other Ford forums? This one just seems a bit quiet.

Just thought I'd add: 

Today I went to start the car and the battery was too low to turn over. I got a friend to jump it and noticed that it had a Landrover battery on. I didn't like that as it was way too big for the engine bay, so I bought a new one from "Halfrauds".

i fitted it and the car hasn't put a foot wrong since. Could this be what was causing the grief or just a coincidence?

hi, try posting up on the mondeo section. think alot of folk miss posts on the general chat section.

Thanks. I did wonder why it was a bit quiet!

Anyhow, I fitted a new cam sensor and fuel filter and it now runs perfect. Though knowing my luck with cars I'll probably wrap it found a tree now I've got it going.....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club