Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would a mobile mechanic replace a head gasket at the customers address?

Fastlife91

If somebody rang a mobile mechanic and asked him to replace a head gasket on their car would said mobile mechanic come out and replace the head gasket at the customers address ?

yes someone should do works work

9 minutes ago, dezwez said:

yes someone should do works work

what would a back street garage usually charge to replace a HG on a 2006 ford focus 1.8 tdci engine ?

Just now, Fastlife91 said:

what would a back street garage usually charge to replace a HG on a 2006 ford focus 1.8 tdci engine ?

No idea they all differ but i don't think it would be cheep

1 hour ago, Fastlife91 said:

It's probably best to search out who you would want to work on your car and ask them... i doubt many on here would have the answers to how much it would cost and if they would do it at your home address..

:)

hi,, i do know a head gasket change sounds like a small job that is really a big job,,, its a big job because of the things you have to take off or move out the way to get at it.
I had one go on a C4 Citroen i bought the wife, they had to remove the bottom plastic mountings on the dash to the windscreen and half the front of the car as well to gain access, then there is also the point of warpage to the head or block,, if they have warped then it needs skimming to get them flat again.
Mine had not warped and the cost was £560, took 3 days as they were busy and had to be done in their garage because of the amount of work being done.

This was 4 years ago now and a Citroen so prices will have changed by now for those 2 reasons,,, if you ring around some garages and ask for estimates this should give you some idea, and don't forget cheapest is not always best.

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club