Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fixing a poorly looked after fiesta, i need help!

TheFriendlyBambi

Hi, i recently brought a fiesta zetec s from auction, I was eager to get into auctions and you could say this was a impulse buy lol. I did get it how ever at a good price and after putting it through its mot and paying extra charges im about £3600 into it. I brought it for my first car as im 16 (17 in august). But unfortunatley i may of brought a bit of mess, becuase of my mistakes.. 

Heres some of the problems:

Some scratches, stone ships and a werid mark going down the door (Idk what it is but it wont scrub off)

Left sideskirt needs resticking fown on the back side (Not falling off just loose)

Couple rips in drivers seat (Need a new drivers seat)

Number plates need replacing

and more, i will edit the post to update the problems i find.

Now this is were i need your help and advice obviously in an ideal sinario i would love to keep the car but i feel it would be better money wise to repair the car to a good state and try resell.

The car has had a bad life from the condtion but im not going to let that make me think negative and im willling to get this back to a condition it deserves!

What i ask is if u have any suggestions on how i could fix, source or advise me on these problems it would be much aprriciated! 

-Ryan

IMG_20170114_152131.png

IMG_20170114_152321.jpg

IMG_20170114_152105.jpg

IMG_20170114_152119.jpg

IMG_20170114_152049.jpg

IMG_20170114_152039.jpg

IMG_20170114_152334.jpg

TBH it looks like a nice car what I would do first is give it a good service  oil/oil filter plugs check the breaks etc as this could be an unknown when it was done last.. As for the rest with respect its just cosmetic and can be fixed easy at any time. the seat could be reopolsterd  have look to see if there is some one local who could do this for you or even replaced by getting a second hand one from Fleebay or even if they have one the same a scrapyard. The sill go to a local body shop and beg some double sided trim tape soon stick that down the paint on the bonnet well that's normal road ware but can be resprayed if you want. Looks like some sort of gunk split  down the door  maybe some one here could suggest a cleaner that may get rid of that could try T cut or something like that but don't rub to hard with that It might take some of the marks out of the bonnet if they aren't too deep.

Thats a lot of miles for a year old car, which is why you bought it cheap. But not to worry. Iv'e had worse. If it runs and drives ok, thats fine, won't need a MoT for 2 years.

As to the ripped seat, as mentioned, breakers yard or eBay, Go to the top of the Fiesta home page and click  "SUB FORUMS. Ford Fiesta parts and it will bring up categories of parts . find interior, seats and it will bring up ads from eBay, Simple. Youv'e got till August., so take your time and seek advice. Good luck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, karl46 said:

Thats a lot of miles for a year old car, which is why you bought it cheap. But not to worry. Iv'e had worse. If it runs and drives ok, thats fine, won't need a MoT for 2 years.

As to the ripped seat, as mentioned, breakers yard or ebay, Go to the top of the Fiesta home page and click  "SUB FORUMS. Ford Fiesta parts and it will bring up categories of parts . find interior, seats and it will bring up ads from ebay, Simple. Youv'e got till August., so take your time and seek advice. Good luck.

It's a prefacelift so at least 3 years old now?

Yes, you are right, Going back to the photos confirmed this, The profile said 2016, I didn't look too closely at the 1/2 frontal photo.

I was wondering how anyone managed to do that mileage in a year lol, I know people with fleet cars that don't do that much. :biggrin: 

I've noticed the year is often wrong in profiles on here, not sure why. :unsure: 

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2017 at 11:01 AM, Gizza11 said:

TBH it looks like a nice car what I would do first is give it a good service  oil/oil filter plugs check the breaks etc as this could be an unknown when it was done last.. As for the rest with respect its just cosmetic and can be fixed easy at any time. the seat could be reopolsterd  have look to see if there is some one local who could do this for you or even replaced by getting a second hand one from Fleebay or even if they have one the same a scrapyard. The sill go to a local body shop and beg some double sided trim tape soon stick that down the paint on the bonnet well that's normal road ware but can be resprayed if you want. Looks like some sort of gunk split  down the door  maybe some one here could suggest a cleaner that may get rid of that could try T cut or something like that but don't rub to hard with that It might take some of the marks out of the bonnet if they aren't too deep.

Thanks bro, sorry for late reply much appricated!

On 1/17/2017 at 0:03 PM, karl46 said:

As to the ripped seat, as mentioned, breakers yard or ebay, Go to the top of the Fiesta home page and click  "SUB FORUMS. Ford Fiesta parts and it will bring up categories of parts . find interior, seats and it will bring up ads from ebay, Simple. Youv'e got till August., so take your time and seek advice. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, yes i got for a decent price. Im 16 and i had some money from inheritence and i wanted to start buying and selling cars from auctions and i guess this was a impulse buy as the excitement got me lol 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club