Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav SD card needed

redrabbit

Just bought a 64 plate Focus. It's a TitX with (I believe) a sync3 system - hope that means something to you all!

it doesn't however have a Sat Nav SD card 

I was told you can get them for about £40 on eBay. I've seen several there but confused about which one. 

Official Ford dealer have said it's £85 from them. 

Can anyone help with this?

(apologies but I haven't searched forum, in a rush and just wanted to ask quickly)

1 hour ago, redrabbit said:

Just bought a 64 plate Focus. It's a TitX with (I believe) a sync3 system - hope that means something to you all!

it doesn't however have a Sat Nav SD card 

I was told you can get them for about £40 on eBay. I've seen several there but confused about which one. 

Official Ford dealer have said it's £85 from them. 

Can anyone help with this?

(apologies but I haven't searched forum, in a rush and just wanted to ask quickly)

Your car is Sync II not Sync 3. Sync 3 doesn't need an SD card.  I would press the dealer for the card as it was an original feature of the car as confirmed by Ford ETIS.  If it's not present it's been removed.

You may need to check what version of Sync 2 (think v 3.08 is the latest) as I'm not sure if there are compatibility issues that may determine the latest version of the SD card you can use.  You may want/need to update to the latest version of Sync 2 if you don't already have it but this may require a visit to a Ford dealer if you don't have access to the USB update software.

Here's an F5 version (think this is the latest currently available)  for £22- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sat-Nav-SD-Card-F5-Europe-2015-2016-/152431870219?hash=item237da5c10b:g:xDAAAOSwB09YEk9B

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avi said:

Your car is Sync II not Sync 3. Sync 3 doesn't need an SD card.  I would press the dealer for the card as it was an original feature of the car as confirmed by Ford ETIS.  If it's not present it's been removed.

You may need to check what version of Sync 2 (think v 3.08 is the latest) as I'm not sure if there are compatibility issues that may determine the latest version of the SD card you can use.  You may want/need to update to the latest version of Sync 2 if you don't already have it but this may require a visit to a Ford dealer if you don't have access to the USB update software.

Here's an F5 version (think this is the latest currently available)  for £22- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sat-Nav-SD-Card-F5-Europe-2015-2016-/152431870219?hash=item237da5c10b:g:xDAAAOSwB09YEk9B

Thanks Avi,

The Ford website is a bit of a hassle in terms of locating what I need. I've registered for a Ford account using the Car's VIN number.  However the site just won't let me login to the "Check for Sync Update" section.  Just says service is unavailable.

Not sure whether to order that F5 SD card you posted a link to or not.

i think the new F6 sd card is due next month but don`t think it will have too many changes on it from the F5 version, and it will cost you a lot more than £22. so just go for that (but check with the eBay seller to make sure it has the uk maps on it and not just europe :smile: )

13 minutes ago, redrabbit said:

Thanks Avi,

The Ford website is a bit of a hassle in terms of locating what I need. I've registered for a Ford account using the Car's VIN number.  However the site just won't let me login to the "Check for Sync Update" section.  Just says service is unavailable.

Not sure whether to order that F5 SD card you posted a link to or not.

Probably easier to contact a Ford dealer parts department and confirm what's needed to use the latest (F5?) SD card. The car will show its sync version number on the main display via a menu option.

Ford website and services can be focusing as some of the info only relates to the USA not Europe. There are also different versions of Sync and they work differently in terms of upgrading the Sync system itself and map data.

Thanks guys. 

Just checked the system information which shows:

CCPU S/W Version: 4.32.14073

Navigation Application Version: 3.62.5

Map Database Version: F4

2 minutes ago, redrabbit said:

Thanks guys. 

Just checked the system information which shows:

CCPU S/W Version: 4.32.14073

Navigation Application Version: 3.62.5

Map Database Version: F4

This might help -

• Like 1

The above post will sort you out! It's dead easy.

Regarding the Nav card, does your car have nav enabled in the first place?

Regarding getting it via Ford's own website. It seems they've changed their websites abroad, and because there is a dealer only release of Sync 2 V3.10 I expect they have taken the old V3.8 offline until they release this 3.10 version that has been talked about in other forums.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club