Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newby questions

Wojdachris86

Hi guys im new to all this I am the proud owner of a mk1 1.6 focus love the car to bits but am looking to upgrade to the ST170 in the summer.

I know this is a random question.

I have been debating for a few months now on removing my back seats and building a sound system ...... what rules apply as regards to MOT and would I need to inform the DVLA due to removing the back seats.

Any info is much appreciated guys

Thanks

Chris.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wojdachris86 said:

Hi guys im new to all this I am the proud owner of a mk1 1.6 focus love the car to bits but am looking to upgrade to the ST170 in the summer.

I know this is a random question.

I have been debating for a few months now on removing my back seats and building a sound system ...... what rules apply as regards to MOT and would I need to inform the DVLA due to removing the back seats.

Any info is much appreciated guys

Thanks

Chris.

Welcome, 

I can't really comment on this personally as I'm in Ireland rules maybe different over here the MOT doesn't have a model specific list of what should be there, they operate on the basis of "if its present on the vehicle check it works" So if your back seat and seatbelts were not present then they wouldn't fail.

I've de-wipered my focus and it passed the MOT because it wasn't there to be checked and not all vehicles are required to have it, the same would go for a back seat and restraints; not all vehicles are required to have it and if it's not there then it can't be checked or failed on any basis.

IMG_20150626_093235_zpsmdefutxi_edit_143

Welcome to the forum.

I had a mk1 1.6, my enclosure was built inside the spare wheel well, then I used the boot floor to fix an amp plus neons etc, I built a false floor above that with cut outs  filled with Perspex so the lighting and sub & amp could still be seen and the boot could still be used.

As for removing the seats you should be fine, my brother removed all of that go fit a roll cage on his Mk2 Clio sport and had no probs with MOT

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club