Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Those Rear speakers again

Stude41

Well having taken off the rear panel [in my 3 door Zetec] I can confirm that the wires are there, stuck to the body. So off to Halfords, where I was told we dont have Speakers to fit that car. So I thought B****** to you then and went to FORD [Dagenham Cars in Hounslow, where I was told Ford Speakers are ...............wait for it

£23 each [ or £46 the pair] State the obvious

£150 to fit them, when I said I could do that they told me it would affect the warranty

£70 [or so] to re-program the computer to tell it I have new speakers/

So Total is £243 to fit 2 Ford Speakers. Words fail me, and the way things are going I shall be returning to Renault who seemed to have sorted out their in car stuff.

Just buy some correct size Speakers and put them in mate, 10 minute job! What's it going to effect warranty wise?! And I bet the stock headunit is putting out sound to the rear channels already (I may be wrong here though).

If I remember correctly, my car (which has rear speakers) has an option in the sound settings called 'fade' which I think controls the balance front-rear. If you have that option then you will probably be ok

Other things that have popped into my mind are that you could probably test the cables in the rear with a multi-meter or even any old speaker that you have lying around, maybe even a hi-fi speaker?

also in regard to warranty... As far as I am aware something has been changed in the law so that anyone can do work on your car without affecting the warranty, so long as genuine official parts are used. So if you get the Speakers from fords parts desk and fit them yourself you should be fine, only issue would be if you used non-ford Speakers.

If you're worried about hassle from your dealership then you can always buy the Speakers from a different dealer, or from one of the dealers that sell parts online like fordpartsuk, allenford etc etc.

Even if there was a warranty issue for some reason, it would probably only effect the audio systems warranty. TBH its highly unlikely that the audio system will croak before the warranty ends after 3 years anyway.

Hope this helps :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club