Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Event tyres are noisy

finishfive

Has one had any experience with event tyres. Not the fitting company but the make of tyre?? Just had two fitted at the back as my tread was a little low. All I can say is they are the most noisy tyre I have ever heard in my life, thought I had a problem bearing which I haven't becuase those were replaced last year :-) So so so noisy, has anyone else experienced this?? Suppose you get what you pay for, the were only around £45 fitted 

Bargain tyres are always a gamble, I bought four Marshal tyres for mine (about £55 each including fitting) fortunately they're much better than I expected and decent quality. I did consider the Event tyres but decided against them fortunately.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Event/WL905.htm

Well you don't say which tyres they are but if they were Event WL905s you might want to read that link. What is worth noting is that people are not complaining about the noise because they are complaining about things that might kill them.

And these are Event's 'Ultra Hgh Performance' tyres so what the ones less targeted at performance are like....!

• 4 weeks later...

Local place to me is doing Falken ZE914s for £54 a tyre fitted, best tyres i've ever used, and when mine run out in a couple of months (having done approx 30k ish) they'll be replaced like for like. Had Prestivo rubbish on before, wheelspan everywhere. They wear quickly to begin with, then settle.

Reviews are split into two for some reason, but the percentages speak for themselves.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/ZE914.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/ZIEX-ZE914-EcoRun.htm

• 11 months later...

I know some people are going to disagree with me here but I just try to stay away from budget tyres. You don't even end up saving that much money in the long run despite what you may think from the cheap cost. 

Couple years ago my brother and I had some tyres replaced at around the same time, me with my Michelin Pilot Sport 3s just over £100ish each and him with his Runway Performance 926 which I remember him saying were less than £50 a pop. Literally not even three months down the line and he's in a situation where he has to perform an emergency stop and the treads on his tyres are eroded as if someone had dipped them in acid! Needless to say he's ended up going through a lot more tyres since then until eventually deciding that mid range-premium tyres are just so much safer and better. 

I've changed my PS3s once...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club