Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardtop

Lee67

Ok lads /lasses ive got chance of an hardtop, and ive been told that all streetkas have the required brackets factory fitted?? Is this so? Something about a small bolt with two nuts?? Also how easy are they to fit??? Cheers

No, they don't and the brackets are the proverbial hens teeth. Still available at Ford dealers, I believe but be prepared to sell a kidney. Best move is to find someone breaking a winter edition.

If the required brackets are the small bolts with nuts attached then they are fitted already on my luxury...just need to confirm thats whats needed

Got a pic? Mine is the winter edition so I could let you know right away.

You would also need the wiring harness for the HRW.

Will get a pic over weekend Mike, as its kept in an heated garage..cheers,ps wiring for rear screen is behind passenger seat in corner

It certainly sounds like yours was set up for a hardtop at some time. The presence of the wiring harness is also something that I believe wasn't on standard cars.

Hi Lee

As others have said the brackets don't come prefitted unless your car is the winter edition or had the winter top previously added by an owner.  I have also just sourced a hardtop for my wife's streetka ready for winter but need to get it sprayed black to match.  I had to really twist the owners arm to remove and include them with the roof sale but paid her £50 extra for them.  They are crazy money new like £150 each so try and get them used if you can.  Find a winter edition being broken or better still whoever you buy the hard top from get their brackets too.

Here is a photo of the brackets in situ so you know what they look like.

Thanks 

IMG_8733.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

Yep, thems the ones.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I have bought a KA Streetka hardtop with brackets. My problem is the heated rear screen wiring. The hardtop has a short lead with a plug, and another much longer lead that joins to it. I can't find anywhere behind the seats where the other end plugs in. Can anyone help me with info or a photo perhaps. Or is there another place where it might go - front fusebox perhaps?  Thanks Colin 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club