Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handbrake adjusting?

jay32

Hi all,

Recently bought a Mondeo LX TDDI, on a 51 plate. very happy with it so far.

When I purchased it, the previous owner had just given it a full service and new rear brake pads & discs. In the first week the handbrake was great, it only clicked 2 notches and it was on full. then it start coming right up about 5 notches and on a slope I have to leave it in gear. I asumed it needed adjusting hence joining this site for help off you guys, then tonight it was working fine again and only raising 2 notches???

Can anyone shed any light on this??

Thanks

Jay

Hi all,

Recently bought a Mondeo LX TDDI, on a 51 plate. very happy with it so far.

When I purchased it, the previous owner had just given it a full service and new rear brake pads & discs. In the first week the handbrake was great, it only clicked 2 notches and it was on full. then it start coming right up about 5 notches and on a slope I have to leave it in gear. I asumed it needed adjusting hence joining this site for help off you guys, then tonight it was working fine again and only raising 2 notches???

Can anyone shed any light on this??

Thanks

Jay

Early Mk 3 Mondeos suffer badly with Rear Calipers / Cable issues

Usually Calipers sticking or failing Cables that come in 3 parts, one front to back of the Car and one to either side. It`s probably something to to with the Cables as the Calipers tend to stick on.

Early Mk 3 Mondeos suffer badly with Rear Calipers / Cable issues

Usually Calipers sticking or failing Cables that come in 3 parts, one front to back of the Car and one to either side. It`s probably something to to with the Cables as the Calipers tend to stick on.

Thanks mate! will check it out

Thanks mate! will check it out

on a mkiii mondeo dont the 2 smaller cables at the back go very close to heat shields and quite often the heat causes the cables to stick?

if the car is still on the original handbrake cable, i would be wanting to change it anyway really. i done mine not too long ago on my 51 plate focus and its spot on now!

took me less than an hour, 10 mins to adjust. cost less than £30 for the full assembly. i would imagine its very similar on a mondeo

• 2 weeks later...

If i slowly pull the handbrake up as im braking and nearly at a stop, It works fine!! but if I come to a stop and then apply the handbrake it doesnt work.

I think I will just change the cable and be done with it..

If i slowly pull the handbrake up as im braking and nearly at a stop, It works fine!! but if I come to a stop and then apply the handbrake it doesnt work.

I think I will just change the cable and be done with it..

might want to check as mkIII have two handbrake cables, best to replace both if this ia requirement

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club