Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Management Light on Focus Mk1 02 Plate

AdsBail92

Hi guys,

Just a quick one to see what the most common fault would be with the brake management light been on? Seen a few different things online but normally you find a common fault with certain cars and i've only just got the car so a bit of help is needed for now

Cheers

(!) ?

Handbrake still on. Handbrake sensor crapped out so it thinks it's still on. Can also be abs system fault.

Can't remember if mine did it for low fluid. I know my oil light flickered when going round roundabouts before I topped it up 🙃

Can you get a code reader on it?

• Like 1

(!) ... That's the one Phil

Will check it out later. Code reader as in diagnostic tool?

Still pretty new to this so picking it up as i go at the moment lol

First thing as always with such light, check the fluid level. The focus was known to leak behind the clutch pedal and the level will eventually drop to trigger the light. 

• Like 1

"Can also be abs system fault."

Does this car have ABS? I do not know what year it came in on Focus but I don't think my April 2001 Focus had it.  I am not saying one way or the other but best to check

5 minutes ago, isetta said:

"Can also be abs system fault."

Does this car have ABS? I do not know what year it came in on Focus but I don't think my April 2001 Focus had it.  I am not saying one way or the other but best to check

I think it was only an "option" on the MK1 rather than being included across the range.

My '54 mk1 had ABS but not sure if it was a factory fit option or as standard.

All sorted cheers guys. Fluid was slightly low so a quick top us sorted it. Didnt think it would be that but goes to show it can be anything lol

That's exactly what the light is for though (and indicating the handbrake is on as the others have mentioned). 

• Like 2

But, the fact that the fluid is low could indicate a leak somewhere in the braking system I'd keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club