Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Jonson

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Looks nice but it shouldn't have been registered until the day you collected. They were obviously just trying to fiddle their sales figures and "sell" some cars early.

I have same car on order, is the 125 ps responsive acceleration?

8 hours ago, Mach67 said:

If the engines etc are the same as in the mk7.5 then all I can say is the 125ps is nowhere near as responsive and doesn't accelerate anywhere near the way they 140ps does as I currently have one of each at the moment.

12 hours ago, Will Butler said:

Hi Guys, Iv been following this thread for a while just taken delivery of my St-Line 125 ps in shadow Black with drivers assistance pack, 18” alloy, comfort pack, city park, tinted windows and b&o audio.

loving is so far !

But wish they could have put me on an 18 plate but they had to register it at the time of ordering 

happy to answer any questions anyone has  :-)

8B1E7379-3CBC-41D9-A613-00B9CF4677D8.jpeg

C20D6A70-5906-4D26-8558-D1A6551BA654.jpeg

Looks very nice but...... I would have been livid if they had put ours on a 67 plate. Strange thing to do.

I've taken cars in the past near the end of the "old" registration if the dealer was on a bonus and prepared to give me an appropriate discount. You have to assess for yourself whether the upfront saving will offset what you may lose on trade-in and the loss of the intangible pleasure of picking up a car with the new registration (rather spoiled for me this time by picking the car up in a blizzard!😀).

At the end of the day, it comes down to whether you are happy with the deal on offer.

Has anyone had a Titanium X fiesta delivered yet? The latest update I have had is mine should be with the dealer in the next week or two. It was built on 20/2/18. I haven't seen any Titanium x ones in the UK yet. Seen a few of the ST line Xs on auto-trader.  

1 hour ago, Rcross said:

Has anyone had a Titanium X fiesta delivered yet? The latest update I have had is mine should be with the dealer in the next week or two. It was built on 20/2/18. I haven't seen any Titanium x ones in the UK yet. Seen a few of the ST line Xs on auto-trader.  

think they are coming over in the next few weeks tbh but not too sure 

19 hours ago, Mach67 said:

Yes the 125 is very good a the top end. However one thing I have noticed with mine is the gear ratios on the new 6 speed are a lot longer than the mk 7.5 ecoboost.

I have booked mine in to be remapped next week which should hopefully take it up to around 165bhp.

I had a remap on my mk7.5 ecoboost 100ps which made it to 159bhp and I would recommend it to any body buying an ecoboost. The 100ps/125ps/140ps engines are all exactly the same with a different map, meaning they can be tuned to the same number. No need to buy a 140ps ;-)

Will, I have no understanding of mechanics etc, and I'm wondering from your comment how the gear ratios can be longer in the mk8 than the previous model? Surely having 6 speed rather than 5 would shorten the ratios? Am I completely wrong? 

Have not seen a comparison of the actual ratios but I believe that is the case. Certainly the Autocar road test of a 125ps Titanium referred to "the relatively short intermediate ratios of Ford's new six-speed gearbox".

4 hours ago, Will Butler said:

Yes the 125 is very good a the top end. However one thing I have noticed with mine is the gear ratios on the new 6 speed are a lot longer than the mk 7.5 ecoboost.

I have booked mine in to be remapped next week which should hopefully take it up to around 165bhp.

I had a remap on my mk7.5 ecoboost 100ps which made it to 159bhp and I would recommend it to any body buying an ecoboost. The 100ps/125ps/140ps engines are all exactly the same with a different map, meaning they can be tuned to the same number. No need to buy a 140ps ;-)

Mk7.5 fiestas are not the same. 100 and 125 are the same, 140 is very different.

Not 100% sure about the mk8 version yet. I would prefer to buy a 140ps version rather than having a 100 remapped to try to get more power out of it. This way it saves messing around paying increased insurance payments and having to declare the vehicle modified.

Ps mapping a mk7 100ps engine to 159ps, getting a 59% increase in power is very impressive. Didnt realise these could be increased this Much, certainly without updrating the turbo and quite a few other bits on the car.

1st 3.42

2nd 1.96

3rd 1.28

4th 0.94

5th 0.76

6th 0.6

final drive 3.94  (140hp 4.35)

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Have not seen a comparison of the actual ratios but I believe that is the case. Certainly the Autocar road test of a 125ps Titanium referred to "the relatively short intermediate ratios of Ford's new six-speed gearbox".

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

where is the autocar road test ?

9 hours ago, Rcross said:

I have just had confirmation that my Fiesta Titanium X automatic has arrived at the dealers compound and has been registered today with DVLA

Have to wait a couple days PDI (pre delivery inspection) expect to collect early next week

I was going to reply earlier and say - nope, I think it's all ST-Line X's coming in just now.

Anyway, the dealer called lunch time and asked if I could drop by sometime to sort paperwork. I said yup, how about after work. When I arrived he told me car had arrived a hour earlier, completely unexpected Wasn't due until end of March (but that seemed to move to w/e 17/03 and then w/e 24/03).

So yes, the Titanium X's are now arriving. Big rush now to see if we can turn it round for collection tomorrow as we're away on holiday from this Sat.

Anyway, pics of my new baby in the dealership compound ~ Titanium X, 5 dr, 1.0/125, Frozen White, BLIS+Cross Traffic, Door Edge Protectors, 17" Alloy Style Pack, Auto Park Assist. Exited right now is an understatement! Just hoping I don't have to wait another week when I could be driving it next week.

IMG_7859.JPG

IMG_7860.JPG

IMG_7861.JPG

IMG_7863.JPG

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BrownMotoring said:

I was going to reply earlier and say - nope, I think it's all ST-Line X's coming in just now.

Anyway, the dealer called lunch time and asked if I could drop by sometime to sort paperwork. I said yup, how about after work. When I arrived he told me car had arrived a hour earlier, completely unexpected Wasn't due until end of March (but that seemed to move to w/e 17/03 and then w/e 24/03).

So yes, the Titanium X's are now arriving. Big rush now to see if we can turn it round for collection tomorrow as we're away on holiday from this Sat.

Anyway, pics of my new baby in the dealership compound ~ Titanium X, 5 dr, 1.0/125, Frozen White, BLIS+Cross Traffic, Door Edge Protectors, 17" Alloy Style Pack, Auto Park Assist. Exited right now is an understatement! Just hoping I don't have to wait another week when I could be driving it next week.

IMG_7859.JPG

IMG_7860.JPG

IMG_7861.JPG

IMG_7863.JPG

very nice cant wait to get my titanium alloys looks really nice aswell

1 hour ago, BrownMotoring said:

It's nice to see some Titanium X's arriving. Looks great in the white. I didn't like it in white on the online configurator but in those pics it looks really smart, especially with those alloys

Mine is a Titanium X, deep impact blue, variable boot floor, auto park assist, drivers assistance pack.

I bought it through a broker at significant discount from list price. Frustratingly it means I don't have any contact with the dealership so have to keep pestering the broker for updates. The last update i got form the broker was that the ETA to the dealer was 10/3/18 l. I will call the broker this week to see if the dealer have it yet. Hopefully it will be ready for delivery to me next week. 

On a side note as ford is only just starting to build the titanium x's and they seem to have now discontinued the deep impact blue, I don't think there will be too many of them in that colour/ spec around. 

36 minutes ago, Rcross said:

It's nice to see some Titanium X's arriving. Looks great in the white. I didn't like it in white on the online configurator but in those pics it looks really smart, especially with those alloys. 

Mine is a Titanium X, deep impact blue, variable boot floor, auto park assist, drivers assistance pack.

I bought it through a broker at significant discount from list price. Frustratingly it means I don't have any contact with the dealership so have to keep pestering the broker for updates. The last update i got form the broker was that the ETA to the dealer was 10/3/18 l. I will call the broker this week to see if the dealer have it yet. Hopefully it will be ready for delivery to me next week. 

On a side note as ford is only just starting to build the titanium x's and they seem to have now discontinued the deep impact blue, I don't think there will be too many of them in that colour/ spec around. 

mines same mine is from a lease company and i think the guy keeps getting annoyed with me cas i keep asking for updated but it says they are ment to update you and he doesnt and it is his job 

21 minutes ago, jakephillips05 said:

mines same mine is from a lease company and i think the guy keeps getting annoyed with me cas i keep asking for updated but it says they are ment to update you and he doesnt and it is his job 

Haha i'm having the same problem. My last update was it would be built June/July time. I contacted them just over a week ago for an update and they informed me my car was built and I should expect it to get to the dealer for 10th March.

I think they are annoyed with me as I keep pestering them for an update. If i hadn't bugged them for an update I would still be expecting the car June time and wouldnt have organised selling my current car. 

It was a nice surprise though that the car was already built.

Order placed 10th Jan. Built 20th Feb. Delivery to me probably about 15th March. 2 month turn around from order to delivery was much better than I was expecting. 

Yeah very inpressing gains.

But yeah the 100,125 and 140 engines are all all exactly the same with not a single part number difference.

The 140 is mapped differently to the 100 and 125 making it feel more responsive at lower rpm but mechanically all three are identical.

54 minutes ago, Rcross said:

Haha i'm having the same problem. My last update was it would be built June/July time. I contacted them just over a week ago for an update and they informed me my car was built and I should expect it to get to the dealer for 10th March.

I think they are annoyed with me as I keep pestering them for an update. If i hadn't bugged them for an update I would still be expecting the car June time and wouldnt have organised selling my current car. 

It was a nice surprise though that the car was already built.

Order placed 10th Jan. Built 20th Feb. Delivery to me probably about 15th March. 2 month turn around from order to delivery was much better than I was expecting. 

yeh same with mine it had a build date of may 1st but the dealer who the leasing company deal with allocated my order to an earlier build so its expected end of this week too. but the only way to get updates os to ask the guy to ask the dealer which i dont think they like every week but it is there job to update us 

Evening all, interesting read going through here! I think I'm close to looking at a 125 Titanium X with a few extras as a lease for a few years, and the Mk8 is really looking fantastic. I'm running in a Mk6.5 Zetec Blue at the moment, and with most of the Quickclear windscreen no longer working, a strange power steering whine and having had the car for a few years now I'm looking wistfully at the Mk8. I'll be holding off until the lease companies get the latest "options" so I can add the Full LED headlights which look really cool, but very hard to find info on at the moment. Thanks to this thread though I see they've only been an option since the 5th so it's no surprise the lease companies aren't offering them yet.

16 hours ago, iantt said:

1st 3.42

2nd 1.96

3rd 1.28

4th 0.94

5th 0.76

6th 0.6

final drive 3.94  (140hp 4.35)

Is it possible to re mapped an automatic 2018  fiesta? or does it apply to manual Fiesta only?

Yay.... She is at the dealership...

Collect tomorrow.

IMG-20180309-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club