Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LHD Fiesta 2009 Green Heater Cable

DesparateFiesta

I really hope someone can help me.  I have a LHD Fiesta Mk7 (which is overseas) and all of a sudden the heater selection wasn't reaching the limits at each side of the selection.  Example was that it would almost get the vents or windscreen and then bounce back half a selection.   If I adjusted the hot/cold control it would occasionally allow the vent to be selected so long as it it was set to hot air.  

So, this morning I set about investigating only in the process to snap the small white plastic clip and the heater control panel end that secures the green cable.   WhenI removed the panel I'm pretty sure the cables were connected fine. So I now have to replace that but the other end, as shown in the pictures is not at all accessible.    

This is a three fold question.  Does the initial issue sound like a cable  or control problem?    Is there difference in the LHD and RHD controls and/or cables?  How on earth do I access the other end of the cable, as in the attached photos, which is probably what I should have done in the first place.

Calling out to the experts out there... Thanks

IMG_1366.JPG

• 2 years later...

• 2 years later...

Hi Tom, how did you manage to put the heat control panel back in, every time I try to do it the red and green wires pop back off, so annoying 😡

On 1/4/2022 at 7:20 PM, Jordon1710 said:

Hi Tom, how did you manage to put the heat control panel back in, every time I try to do it the red and green wires pop back off, so annoying 😡

Would also love to know more on this topic. Recently been struck with this same fault and have received a shocking quote of £1500 to fix. Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club