Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Electric cars/Hybird

jace1969

Are you looking to the future when you buy your next car to help save this so called ozone layer,i know its years away when they say

they will fade out petrol cars and now diesel cars are rock bottom on sales,they state around 2040 and they will be band so looking at 22 years yet.

How does a Hybird fit into this having both and another thing i thought that using electric still effects the ozone,ok not as much but i thought the Grid that

sorts all the electric out is to its limit now.

How does people look at this.

i just threw up a little when i saw this thread, that how i feel, ill own petrol till its illegal then ill give in. 

53 minutes ago, AlexBartlam said:

i just threw up a little when i saw this thread, that how i feel, ill own petrol till its illegal then ill give in. 

Lol i only thought i would put it out there and i know its years away but just seeing what people think,when it gets up and running i might not

even be driving then but i did think of looking at the Hybird for another option on my next car,i think Diesel cars are on the down in a massive way,value

of them now are rock bottom,mine will have to go in a year or so being i have had it just over 4 years but i will go cheaper this is why Hybird was a option.

My next car will almost certainly be a small turbo petrol after years of diesel dailys...  Too much hassle with DPFs for the type of driving I do, but I know it'll cost more in fuel and won't be as torquey.  Hopefully cost less in servicing and parts compared to the DV6 though.

After that, I'd happily drive a hybrid, plugging in at home would be an issue so no full electric or plug-in hybrid, but I don't see any issue with a petrol hybrid that charges batteries as you drive, and just uses battery power around town.  You can even get an extra boost of power if using the motor with the petrol engine.  

32 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My next car will almost certainly be a small turbo petrol after years of diesel dailys...  Too much hassle with DPFs for the type of driving I do, but I know it'll cost more in fuel and won't be as torquey.  Hopefully cost less in servicing and parts compared to the DV6 though.

After that, I'd happily drive a hybrid, plugging in at home would be an issue so no full electric or plug-in hybrid, but I don't see any issue with a petrol hybrid that charges batteries as you drive, and just uses battery power around town.  You can even get an extra boost of power if using the motor with the petrol engine.  

You are spot on,i will look into the Hybird on my next car as a option but it will spoil the nice sounding car just a whizzing electric motor.

Its ages away yet,we will all be driving Milk Floats,a sporty milk float and a bonnet full of batteries and wide wheels etc,this world is going in a circle.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club