Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do I tell if the car had been remapped

zain611

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

Wow lol can I ask a few things as I'm really considering sending my ECU to them in the summer. 

1) was there noticeable difference in power and MPG after the remap? 

2) did you get the car dynod before getting it mapped? 

3) was there any issues you had? How many miles you've done since the remap? 

I've been talking to Steve and you can tell he knows his stuff but wanted to ask someone who's got a map from him. :smile:

Will decide to do the stage 1 or 1+ decat :whistling1:

I would recommend him yeah, he's been about on the forums for even longer than I have, used to go under the name Pro-Steve.  The 2.0 HDi maps he did were fantastic and I've seen him do big power 1.6s as well.  For the 1.6TDCi Focus I specifically asked for a 'safe' stage 1 map to ensure there would be no reliability issues, power wasn't the main reason for the remap in this case, I had issues with EGR etc which were mapped out as the priority.  So there wasn't a huge difference in power in my case, but definitely a noticeable one, MPG is more to do with your driving style and location, I've had plenty of remaps over the years and haven't had a major improvement in MPG at all.  Never had it dyno'd as there aren't any local dyno's round here unfortunately.

Number 3 is the important one for me - no reliability issues at all, and it's been on now for 2 years and 4 months, over 20,000 miles! :smile: 

I wouldn't go de-cat these days personally, I know he says the S1+ 'needs' a decat but I'd risk it without tbh.  The cat allows everything to flow through it, it's not like a DPF which is restrictive by design.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club