Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 2.0Tdci Estate Numerous Niggles need sorting!

plimthing

Hi guys, as title suggests got a few niggles that need sorting, so here goes

1. Audible warnings are intermittent ( indicator click and seat belt warning)

2. Info display  goes really dim when the car cabin is warm.

3. PDF code 2002(?) comes on after 2-3 days after clearing. I'm a motorway driver and sit at 60-80 for around 45 mins twice a day, so would think the regen was able to work ( or not as appears to be the case)

think that's it for now!

If anyone can help/shed light on problems that would be great!

Regards

Tony

24 minutes ago, plimthing said:

3. PDF code 2002(?) comes on after 2-3 days after clearing. I'm a motorway driver and sit at 60-80 for around 45 mins twice a day, so would think the regen was able to work ( or not as appears to be the case)

P2002: Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1

The most basic answer is that the DPF has too much ash in it, and can not regen properly.

But before condemning the DPF, it is very advisable to check the hose connections from the DPF to the DPF pressure sensor. These frequently get brittle and fail, and any leaks in these hoses will cause errors like P2002.

Also some Mondeos use a vaporiser, that injects fuel into the DPF to assist regen. Usually if this fails it gives a more specific error code, but there are no really firm rules about this sort of thing. It this was partly working, but not fully, then it could cause P2002.

Forscan can monitor the various sensors (DP & exhaust temperature), and monitor the regen process. The system is a bit complex, and readings can be hard to interpret, however it may help give some clues.

Do you have , or know where I can find, pictures/diagrams of the system and its components? Especially of the sensors and their hoses. 

I cleaned the intake manifold today and it was really full of wet/soot/oily gunk. Cleaned it and the pipe from the EGR to intake manifold. 

I couldn't get the EGR off, think there was an allen head bolt I couldn't get  to that goes in from underneath. Will try another day,

Engine light hasn't come on yet, but ive only started it 4 times and driven it twice since cleaning.

46 minutes ago, plimthing said:

Do you have , or know where I can find, pictures/diagrams of the system and its components?

There may be a bit of useful info here, I have not had time to check!

http://workshop-manuals.com/ford/mondeo_2007.5_02.2007/mechanical_repairs/3_powertrain/309_exhaust_system/309-00e_exhaust_system_2.0l_duratorq-tdci_(dw)_diesel/description_and_operation/removal_and_installation/diesel_particulate_filter_(dpf)_differential_pressure_sensor/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club