Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clutch no pressure but returns to up position

victor jones

no pressure on clutch pedal had my master cylinder replaced 6 months ago checked for leaks in the car around clutch footpedal was dry

shared hydrolic fluid and brake is fill half way looks ok cant tell because there shared been uner the car cant find the master cylinder under the car

i have the haynes manual but i know thats not going to tell me where the master and slave cylinders are do i need to remove parts.

i am hoping the master cylinder arm has came off a common problem but cant find where it is.

give up on taking it to a garage at this time of year any advice to check the master cylinder and slave

11 minutes ago, victor jones said:

no pressure on clutch pedal had my master cylinder replaced 6 months ago checked for leaks in the car around clutch footpedal was dry

shared hydrolic fluid and brake is fill half way looks ok cant tell because there shared been uner the car cant find the master cylinder under the car

i have the haynes manual but i know thats not going to tell me where the master and slave cylinders are do i need to remove parts.

i am hoping the master cylinder arm has came off a common problem but cant find where it is.

give up on taking it to a garage at this time of year any advice to check the master cylinder and slave

forget the slave thats in the clutch housing only trying to check the clutch actuating rod on the master cylinder

Have you checked the clutch pedal is still attached to the master cylinder? look under the pedal, cant miss it.

look up under dashboard at top of clutch pedal. see pic below. the plastic rod that goes into mater cylinder sometimes get detached from the peg on the pedal. This one has been made secure by drilling a hole through the peg and putting a split pin through the hole so the plastic rod can not slide off.

clutch fiest pedal.jpg

• Like 1

I carry a collet in my toolbox for these! I have done so many of them! I helped someone push a car into the car park at work earlier in the week. I asked him what was up, would you believe 'the clutch pedal just sinks to the floor' lol.

Awaiting the case of beer 

this is the collet thing that does the job.  this is the easiest way to fix it if it is that problem. I am not saying buy it from this seller, I ma just showing you what it looks like.

It is certainly easier to fit one of these than drilling a hole to put split pin through.

I think a star washer could also do the job but probably harder to remove if it needed to be taken off for any reason

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-FORD-FIESTA-MK6-FUSION-MAZDA-2-CLUTCH-PEDAL-REPAIR-KIT-CLIP-INC-ALLEN-KEY/332355509519?epid=2202987116&hash=item4d61ee9d0f:g:UtMAAOSwB3tZnqQI

• Like 1

Here is a picture of the collets I use, looks exactly the same as the one posted by Isetta.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club