Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nice forum upgrade!

Michael P

i know its the site of the blue oval, but why so much blue makes it harder to see everything,i think its something to do with the brightness of the site which you need sunglasses to view now. and getting to many ads and google links.personally i would have the old site but maybe i am too old for mod sites. and why does it take so long for the pages to load now?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve

• bigjock

• Jonny87

• Michael P

i know its the site of the blue oval, but why so much blue makes it harder to see everything and getting to many ads and google links.personally i would have the old site but maybe i am too old for mod sites. and why does it take so long for the pages to load now?

Im having the same problem - it's incredibly slow. Hopefully that will improve once all the mods have been done :)

The site's looking good! Although I have to say im gutted that my beautiful coloured fez isnt in the title bar any more :( Nice work guys!

Oooooo a shiny new forum, I too thought I had clicked on the wrong site. Will take a bit getting used to, but looking good

Woah! It's too bright! Where's my shades, oh wait... B) Aaah that's better.

Lookin good, apart from now being waaay too bright.

finding it very slow to load, it has been like this past few days even before upgrade, anyone else noticed this?

Everything has a grey background?

Or is that just me

the older layout was alot neater if you as me. The new one seems stretched out

its too slow for me im off will try again tomo

To be honest i think i looks cheap and nasty!

Really puts my off coming on because it looks cheap!

Sorry guys!

Could you give some feedback to what you see is the problem, what looks cheap to it? we are looking for positive feedback.

Also folks I am aware of the server speed, its being investigated as its only been happening for a few days. Should be back to normal soon.

Could you give some feedback to what you see is the problem, what looks cheap to it? we are looking for positive feedback.

Also folks I am aware of the server speed, its being investigated as its only been happening for a few days. Should be back to normal soon.

Sorry i didnt mean it to be nasty!

I just feel the old layout was very clean and now its very messy!

Also dont like the top banner and the maybe it needs to be all grey and not have the blue sides?

Its hard to put it down to one or two things really but overall i think its untidy and messy. Dont like the way the topics are displayed either.

Sorry to be a pain :) i dont mean to be!

Is it just me are scence the new forum its running alot slower i know its not my computer but a prefair the old forum :(

Woo! I'm thinking this is all looking pretty cool - the old site was starting to look a little dated. Also, loving the RS.

Make the fonts bigger please.

Like the icons to click on, in the name panel on the left.

I get this error when I try to upload an Image to my gallery

[#107145] The image upload failed, please contact a system administrator

What am I doing wrong?

BTW if you need an actual site making in front of these forums then i am more than happy to sort it all out, being a web designer and all. thought maybe having a site in front we could put lots of info on for people.

also if you would like me to help out with anything on the forums site give me a shout.

:D

Hey Steve. Getting used to the upgrade now and it seems good. Theres a few bugs here and there. my profile page doesn't seem to fit itself. Also I have noticed that you can now vote posts up or down (the +/- in the bottom left of the post) but this isn't working and comes up with a "Action failed you have reached your vote quota fo the day" message. Anyways, its growing on me, so keep up the good work.

Hey Steve. Getting used to the upgrade now and it seems good. Theres a few bugs here and there. my profile page doesn't seem to fit itself. Also I have noticed that you can now vote posts up or down (the +/- in the bottom left of the post) but this isn't working and comes up with a "Action failed you have reached your vote quota fo the day" message. Anyways, its growing on me, so keep up the good work.

Any chance of a screenshot of the problem you are seeing with the profile.

Also the reputation counter is being looked at.

The front end is in full development, The current one is just something to place their for the moment.

Any chance of a screenshot of the problem you are seeing with the profile.

Also the reputation counter is being looked at.

The front end is in full development, The current one is just something to place their for the moment.

med_gallery_4579_224_125792.jpg

There you go Steve

Images are spreading outside the box, and so is text. Is this a problem at my end? I can't seem to adjust it.

Also while i was doing this, I noticed that when you click on an uploaded image it doesnt pop out to its full uploaded size - there doesn't seem to be any option to view full size. Also there isnt a link box there any more where you can select: BB link/Image Link/Page Link etc

...........Just realised that I was viewing in IE8 "Compatability Mode". I have now switched this off and it has solved the text box error, however the other issues remain

Some feedback from myself.

Website layout is ok. It's nothing special or flash but i did like the old desgin more.

The main logo at the top needs to have the google search bar moved lower down

Text on the forum needs to be bigger on the posts in topics.

The main forum needs to be inline with the site logo. At the moment you have the logo in the middle, but the rest of the forum is strched across the whole screen. This looks untidy to me.

The home page is messy and looks unfinshed. However this may be a work in progress.

The recent topics bar at the side on the homepage looks out of place, but again this could be a work in progress

There is a large black gap at the bottom of every page, then some text related to the forum. This looks untidy.

The very top white bar for google adverts should be the same colour as the site. Also noticed many more adverts whih i don't like. But then this is a free website so that would be your choice.

Maybe add a option to pay for club membership to support the site resulting in less/no advets for paid members.

med_gallery_4579_224_125792.jpg

There you go Steve

Images are spreading outside the box, and so is text. Is this a problem at my end? I can't seem to adjust it.

Also while i was doing this, I noticed that when you click on an uploaded image it doesnt pop out to its full uploaded size - there doesn't seem to be any option to view full size. Also there isnt a link box there any more where you can select: BB link/Image Link/Page Link etc

...........Just realised that I was viewing in IE8 "Compatability Mode". I have now switched this off and it has solved the text box error, however the other issues remain

Ok cool we will look at that.. cheers

Some feedback from myself.

Website layout is ok. It's nothing special or flash but i did like the old desgin more.

The main logo at the top needs to have the google search bar moved lower down

Text on the forum needs to be bigger on the posts in topics.

The main forum needs to be inline with the site logo. At the moment you have the logo in the middle, but the rest of the forum is strched across the whole screen. This looks untidy to me.

The home page is messy and looks unfinshed. However this may be a work in progress.

The recent topics bar at the side on the homepage looks out of place, but again this could be a work in progress

There is a large black gap at the bottom of every page, then some text related to the forum. This looks untidy.

The very top white bar for google adverts should be the same colour as the site. Also noticed many more adverts whih i don't like. But then this is a free website so that would be your choice.

Maybe add a option to pay for club membership to support the site resulting in less/no advets for paid members.

Thanks for the feedback. Everything in the skin is bespoke so there is still a few bits to adjust.

we have made notes and hope to tidy some bits up.

cheers

Ok cool we will look at that.. cheers

Nice one Steve, thanks for that :)

Thanks for the feedback. Everything in the skin is bespoke so there is still a few bits to adjust.

we have made notes and hope to tidy some bits up.

cheers

A Bespoke Skin?? WOW!! You the man Steve!!

GO STEVE!!! WOOOO!!!

Ok just getting to grips with the new layout....still not sure i like it ..sorry !

Any chance of a "THANKS" button or did i miss that as well :)

Just seems to be slower - although I guess that might be a works server issue my end . . .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club