Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 electrical issues

benjones12321

Ok so my mk1 won't allow me to even turn the ignition on even tho there is power getting to the dash board as the only thing that comes up on the dash is steering malfunction....I've been having problems in the past with error codes coming up at u0155 and u0140...and also on dash awd malfunction..power steering malfunction and engine malfunction....I tried looking at what control modules I could find and found one in passenger side of the boot so disconnected the leads....now since then I have no way of turning on the ignition....I've obviously blown a fuse or something or even fried the circuit board but need help and advice....many thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I'm experiencing the exact same issues. I suspect the Instrument Cluster might be faulty (dodgy soldering), but I wondered if you ever got to the bottom of your problems?

**Edit**

Had a PM reply to this; turns out it was a problem with the solder to the main connector to the instrument cluster as I suspected.

JT

• 1 year later...

Hi my name is Dave, I have an 11 plate Kuga 2.0 ltr diesel with all the same problems, I was thinking of getting rid of it  but I love the car to much . could you please tell me how it ws fixed also the cost. kind regards Dave Lock.

Hi ... I'm having a similar problem and would appreciate advice on how to have the problem repaired.  Many Thanks Chris

• 3 years later...

Had the same thing happen to me, 2012 kuga so i took out 108/107 took the battery off over night,

I had tried everything else. At this point i was pulling my hair out, i did what somebody had said about on another site

went outside pilled the battery off, pulled fuses and went to bed. 

Woke in the morning SUNDAY so it was a late one getting up, got 2 new fuses just in case put the fuses in put battery back on and yep NO lights it might work for some and not others but it worked for me. Being a woman normaly i would pay hundreds to have it repaired but could not afford it. My advice is reseach everything its a common fault hope htis helps. 

38 minutes ago, vizzy1964 said:

got 2 new fuses just in case

Tricky little blighters those fuses, you can't be too careful. The ones for the indicators are the worst sometimes they work and sometimes they don't 🤣🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club