Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BI Headlight condensation

Iaintruten

Hi has anyone had issues with their bi xenon headlights condensating? as mine are on my titanium x, have booked it into the dealer for Monday as I have only had it for a week it's the mk3.5 64 reg. Also has anyone solved the issue or do I push the dealer for new headlights?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Iaintruten said:

Hi has anyone had issues with their bi xenon headlights condensating? as mine are on my titanium x, have booked it into the dealer for Monday as I have only had it for a week it's the mk3.5 64 reg. Also has anyone solved the issue or do I push the dealer for new headlights?

I've seen a couple of facelift Focus ST's with fogged xenons kicking about.

I haven't looked recently but I'm pretty sure mine are, or at least one is because I had one changed.

No problem cheers guys, going to try and get the dealer to change them since I got a 2month warranty with it as I know the headlights are permasealled and I don't want to have the same issue out of warranty lol.

If they don't change them.under warranty try taping a few of those silica gel things you get in shoe boxes to the inside of the dust covers. They're designed to soak up moisture.

4 hours ago, kpg said:

If they don't change them.under warranty try taping a few of those silica gel things you get in shoe boxes to the inside of the dust covers. They're designed to soak up moisture.

And then run the headlights on full (with main beam on also) to warm up the headlight. Warmer air carries more water.

and warm moving air is best of all. its one of two things, either water got in and isn't getting out or there is a hole allowing water to continue to get it (and evaporate)

First things first, get the water out, whip out the lamp, take the bungs off, hair dryer until its as dry as a bone..

find the air vents, usually a U or L shaped rubber hoses pointing down or facing the back of the lamp, check them for 8 legged little friends making a wee home for itself.

Refit the rubber bungs. and check the lens seal for cracks or gaps, seal as required.

when its fully dry pop the lamp in and see what happens. with a bit of luck its sorted, if its still steaming up then there must be a hole you haven't sealed... 

No problem will leave it with the dealer first as I don't want to mess about too much since they are under warrenty and then look further into it if they do nothing, cheers guys

Owner's Guide:

GENERAL INFORMATION Condensation in Lamp Assemblies

Exterior lamps have vents to accommodate normal changes in air pressure.

Condensation can be a natural by-product of this design. When moist air enters the lamp assembly through the vents, there is a possibility that condensation can occur when the temperature is cold. When normal condensation occurs, a fine mist can form on the interior of the lens. The fine mist eventually clears and exits through the vents during normal operation.

Clearing time may take as long as 48 hours under dry weather conditions.

Examples of acceptable condensation are:

·      The presence of a fine mist (no streaks, drip marks or large droplets).

·      A fine mist covers less than 50% of the lens.

Examples of unacceptable condensation are:

·      A water puddle inside the lamp.

·      Streaks, drip marks or large droplets present on the interior of the lens.

If you see any unacceptable condensation, have your vehicle checked by an authorized dealer.

Cheers, I have droplets forming inside the lens so probably the seal that's away on them so going to try and get them replaced as I only bought the car just over a week ago as don't imagine the headlights will be cheap if I let the warranty expire.

1 hour ago, Iaintruten said:

if I let the warranty expire.

Make yourself aware of your consumer rights - https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

A warranty is above and beyond your basic UK consumer rights - essentially the first 6 months buying from a business the business has to prove that the fault was not there when you bought it. After that period, you have to prove it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club