Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Used Induction kit...would it make a difference?

LocheeBhoy
聽Share

Just spotted this used induction kit on eBay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-1-0-Ecoboost-Induction-Kit/253405183172?hash=item3b00203cc4:g:bhsAAOSw1GlabGmd

so thinking about putting in a bid but not sure if this is a good idea or not without a remap, my car is pretty much standard under the bonnet?

read a few other posts about the importance of getting cold air into the filter than warm air from around the engine bay and how this could affect the smooth running of the engine.

would really appreciate any advice on this as the auction only has a day left to run! 馃槼

Many thanks

Induction kits don't add any horsepower anyway.

In my opinion why would you change something that works? The panel filter and airbox on there works fine, and changing it so that it draws in more hot air sounds daft to me. Just seems to be more of a boy racer thing though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Induction kits don't add any horsepower anyway.

In my opinion why would you change something that works? The panel filter and airbox on there works fine, and changing it so that it draws in more hot air sounds daft to me. Just seems to be more of a boy racer thing though.

So basically a waste of my hard earned聽unless I get it mapped...or like to make lots of noise! 馃憠馃徎馃槪馃憟馃徎 lol

The basis of the induction kit is to keep cold air going in, when you first run the engine it's acceleration is a lot better than when it warms up as the ECU tells it to change acceleration accordingly to temperature, the induction kit cuts that part out so you have constant max acceleration but with the cost of using more fuel, like my 1.6 1996 essy it used to do 70 miles on 拢10 now with its induction kit it's averaging about 60 miles for the 拢10.. but mine alone has a big center box ( which l intend to swap back to standard it's too big lol ) and a rally/race exaust.聽

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LocheeBhoy said:

So basically a waste of my hard earned聽unless I get it mapped...or like to make lots of noise! 馃憠馃徎馃槪馃憟馃徎 lol

I personally think they're a waste of money, but there's a few people on here who will tell me otherwise. More than 拢100 just seems a lot聽for what is a piece of plastic pipe and a cone air filter. They get more noise聽from the suction, but it's unnoticeable to anyone but yourself unless you turn the radio off and point it out. I'd say put the money towards a decent remap, that will get you more power.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club