Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight bulbs

Rumblestrip

Hi. This has probably been posted dozens of times before but they release new bulbs all the time. 

I’m looking to get new headlight bulbs (H7) for my 15 Titanium. I’ve had Osram nightbreakers in the past and as good as they were, they only lasted about 6 months. I switched to Philips X-Treme Vision and they’re very good. 

so I’m just wondering what you guys are running with now. I’ve seen some GE bulbs which look good and hear good things about PIAA. 

What’s your set up and what would you recommend or wouldn’t mind thing yourself. 

Oh yeah, they must be road legal (unless of course you can drive with them unnoticed ha)

Well after fitting DRLs and led fogs to mine, I was desperate for the headlights to match and @kpg on here runs Osram Hyperblues (though I think they're starting to wear and he's considering blue boosts). If you see pics of his car they certainly look nice.

I'm too chicken to go whiter than 4200k so I have Philips White visions in mine.

I'm less worried about getting a ticket cos unless they're stupidly blue or cast out so little light that they're dangerous I don't think a copper in the land would waste their or your time (of course @Stoney871 might :]).

I'd be more concerned that my insurance company could and would use any little excuse such as non E rates bulbs to wriggle out of payment and that quite honestly terrifies me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rumblestrip said:

Hi. This has probably been posted dozens of times before but they release new bulbs all the time. 

I’m looking to get new headlight bulbs (H7) for my 15 Titanium. I’ve had Osram nightbreakers in the past and as good as they were, they only lasted about 6 months. I switched to Philips X-Treme Vision and they’re very good. 

so I’m just wondering what you guys are running with now. I’ve seen some GE bulbs which look good and hear good things about PIAA. 

What’s your set up and what would you recommend or wouldn’t mind thing yourself. 

Oh yeah, they must be road legal (unless of course you can drive with them unnoticed ha)

Seen some blue boost for £21.99 (plus 20% off on powerbulbs) but put off by the fact that my last Osram died after a few months. 

@Phil21185 Cheers for the mention.

Aye the hyper blues look really good but I'm convinced the throw of light deteriorates over time as mine are quite poor at the minute. I'm not arsed to change them though lol

It's really hard to find fog bulbs that match tbh. I've tried a few led versions but most have a purple tinge to them. To be fair, I hadn't tried the hyper blue in h11 format, I'd imagine they'd match the h7 hyper blues no problem.

I just have crappy yellow fogs in at the minute although I barely use them as when my sidelights, headlights, drls and fogs are all on at the same time, it just looks too messy lol

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Any excuse to get people to check out Vader mate, you know that :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kpg said:

@Phil21185 Cheers for the mention.

Aye the hyper blues look really good but I'm convinced the throw of light deteriorates over time as mine are quite poor at the minute. I'm not arsed to change them though lol

It's really hard to find fog bulbs that match tbh. I've tried a few led versions but most have a purple tinge to them. To be fair, I hadn't tried the hyper blue in h11 format, I'd imagine they'd match the h7 hyper blues no problem.

I just have crappy yellow fogs in at the minute although I barely use them as when my sidelights, headlights, drls and fogs are all on at the same time, it just looks too messy lol

I’m trying to view your car but can’t seem to find your photos. Probably my iPhone. I find Osram to be poor compared to Philips which has lasted me 3 years. Im swayed towards the GE Megalight Ultra or the Hyperlight sport at the moment. 

0D7CA8FD-EF49-4B91-9AB4-0A1FE87F7688.jpeg

Just found these GE Megalight on amazon for £17.62. Definitely curious now. 

Here's a few showing the hyper blues and drls. Not great really but you get the idea. Last pic is when the car was wrapped.4a3ea7f62fffdc1ffd9c572303b4e5cf.jpg2516d99bb6504490bec05d927688248a.jpgb81953ac467e03085f528ddf6a4adedb.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kpg said:

Here's a few showing the hyper blues and drls. Not great really but you get the idea. Last pic is when the car was wrapped.4a3ea7f62fffdc1ffd9c572303b4e5cf.jpg2516d99bb6504490bec05d927688248a.jpgb81953ac467e03085f528ddf6a4adedb.jpg

That a graphite wrap? Looks awesome mate. 

Never heard of megalight, must be a new product. Philips xtreme vision are good. They also do a white vision which gives a more whiter light but gives out I think 60 or 80% more light. On my car atm I have 6000k HIDs for the main lights and LED sidelights. I fitted halos lights on the fogs. Fog lights I don't think I'll touch as I have the halos 

_20180204_191511.JPG

IMG_20180204_190140_624.jpg

_20180206_170254.JPG

• Like 1

Never heard of megalight, must be a new product. Philips xtreme vision are good. They also do a white vision which gives a more whiter light but gives out I think 60 or 80% more light. On my car atm I have 6000k HIDs for the main lights and LED sidelights. I fitted halos lights on the fogs. Fog lights I don't think I'll touch as I have the halos 
_20180204_191511.thumb.JPG.3839ed16e687e466f7dd8f3243d685be.JPG
IMG_20180204_190140_624.thumb.jpg.4558c65ff336c44eb1de2d5cb35dd47b.jpg
_20180206_170254.thumb.JPG.3f4c95583c9fc5c190d5ac6f84b5f8c2.JPG
Where did you get the halos from ?

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

_20180204_191511.JPG

IMG_20180204_190140_624.jpg

_20180206_170254.JPG

They’re made by GE, General Electric, so I assume they’re good. Got good reviews from auto express. And for £17 they’re worth a try. I’ve had the Philips X-Treme and they’re very good, well impressed but want to try something new. 

1 hour ago, kpg said:

Where did you get the halos from ?

There from autobeam. Its the indicator rings kit. These come on white when wired to the sidelights or DRLs and can flash amber when wired to the indicators. The white light is bright. 

13 minutes ago, Rumblestrip said:

They’re made by GE, General Electric, so I assume they’re good. Got good reviews from auto express. And for £17 they’re worth a try. I’ve had the Philips X-Treme and they’re very good, well impressed but want to try something new. 

I have been thinking of getting the xtreme vision or white vision but might also look into megalight. The HIDs came fitted by the previous owner so may just use them. They do give out good light however the throw of visible light isn't that great. It does however light up high visibility objects up great though at a distance. 

• Like 2

I had night breakers in my MK2.5 since got it almost 2yr ago but one blew couple of days ago. Now running Philips racing vision + ones. Much brighter light n more white than the osrams 

I’ve put the GE Megalight in today and they’re definitely brighter than the Ford ones that were in. Can’t say if they’re brighter than the Philips X-Treme vision yet as it isn’t dark enough.  But up to now they’re decent for the price. 

2 hours ago, Rumblestrip said:

I’ve put the GE Megalight in today and they’re definitely brighter than the Ford ones that were in. Can’t say if they’re brighter than the Philips X-Treme vision yet as it isn’t dark enough.  But up to now they’re decent for the price. 

How's the colour of the light look? Might keep these in mind

12 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Looked a lot whiter than the bog standard ford bulbs. I’ll know better when it’s dark. 

On 10/02/2018 at 8:26 PM, Dave1981 said:

I had night breakers in my MK2.5 since got it almost 2yr ago but one blew couple of days ago. Now running Philips racing vision + ones. Much brighter light n more white than the osrams 

Oohhh naughty naughty, I was looking at them, but they're not road legal are they ? Ain't they 80watt bulbs or something like that?

According to this retailer they're road legal, 55W and 3200K colour temp, so similar to an ordinary halogen but with a light output of 1700 Lumens claimed to be 150% that of standard bulbs. The bulb life is specced at 200 hours and they only have a six-month warranty.

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Definitely brighter and whiter than ford bulbs. The reach is not as far as Philips X-Treme but for less than £17 for the pair I won’t complain.  

As above post says they are fully rd legal just low life.. personally I like them, the Def emit a brighter white than the night breakers I had. And I don't do much night time driving so not overly worried over the bulb life span.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club