Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No acceleration again, whistling noises

synaesthesia

Nnngh, this lemon is driving me up the wall. Would love to change it out but unless I buy a £500 banger, no chance :(

So, after having new glow plugs, injectors, HP pipes and clutch/flywheel, this weekend after considerable rainfall and driving through puddles it's decided to be a git.

Just round town driving only for a few minutes, lost acceleration; rather like limp mode but felt far worse. No warning lights. No errors reported in forscan.

Sat it still for a while, revved it, something popped then it behaved as normal. Drove it home, all OK, went shopping following day, all fine. Now this morning I go to work and same lack of acceleration again :( 

Checked hoses all intact, they certainly all seem to be fine. Turbo seems OK, no crap in it or play in the turbine (which looks to be intact).

Bit of smoke coming from around the DPF area seems to be the only thing of concern. Considering it's barely 2 months old (during which time it's been running wonderfully) it feels as if it might have blocked but surely not? Forscan did say it only had 460km DIST_ASHFULL which was concerning.

I'm guessing therefore it's DPF related, and probably not a sensor. Anything I should be looking at to start with?

Where exactly is the smoke coming from?  If it's a loose or damaged pressure pipe then the sensor may be getting dodgy readings.  If it's the V band clamp it either needs tightening or is getting huge back pressure from a blocked DPF.

Has the Eolys been filled or at least level checked?

Also worth checking the intercooler bypass, when mine stuck it caused a surprising performance reduction - considering some TD's come without them on other cars.  But it did cause a fault code on Forscan.

If it was a cheap DPF from BM Cats (iirc) mine only lasted 3 months after replacement, BUT that was over 3 years ago so may have improved since.

Argh, eolys fluid; that I've yet to change, the bottles still in my shed. Thought that would have flagged up a light though!

Will check the v clamp, I vaguely recall having difficulty with that. 

Eolys doesn't always flag a code no, seems to just be luck whether it does or not.  

Argh. Topped up the eolys (only took half a bottle) but that certainly wasn't the issue. ***** turbo :(

Gonna have to hope for the best and fit a cheap n cheerful :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club