Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting 'ford Power' Start Button In Fiesta Mk7

Ben...

But our cars do have the glow plug light on the dash and the maual says to wait until it goes out before starting the engine?

Good work Ben!

When it was really cold the last few weks, and my Mk6 was left out of the garage, I did occasionally notice the glow plugs light stay on a couple of seconds.

Oh, and I always start this car up with the clutch down, cos the manual said so. I never did before with my old car (Clio). I thought it was a diesel-feaure? </naiive>

As for clutch, yeh i put mine down but only through habit my dad has always said it reduces wear on components which would make sense when you think about it, by the way for the power start situation has anyone had any experience putting it where ford do, i just dont fancy drilling a hole into an airbag sensor or something rather bad.

Ant.

As for clutch, yeh i put mine down but only through habit my dad has always said it reduces wear on components which would make sense when you think about it, by the way for the power start situation has anyone had any experience putting it where ford do, i just dont fancy drilling a hole into an airbag sensor or something rather bad.

Ant.

Well when I removed the stereo, the air vents come out with it. I had a look behind where they put the standard one and there is space behind it and nothing in the way. I was also thinking this. But had already mounted mine where it is

The glow plug light comes on for less than half a second, so the modern diesel/not needing to wait argument is correct. Unless you're one of those tools who turn to ignition pos 3 in one fell swoop.

Seems pointless to me, made more work in the start up process.

Whatever floats your boat, could be worse.... could have been another DRL guide lol

The glow plug light comes on for less than half a second, so the modern diesel/not needing to wait argument is correct.

Normally yes - however with the cold weather we had mine was taking up to 5secs to go out. As the manual says to wait ;)

The glow plug light comes on for less than half a second, so the modern diesel/not needing to wait argument is correct. Unless you're one of those tools who turn to ignition pos 3 in one fell swoop.

Seems pointless to me, made more work in the start up process.

Whatever floats your boat, could be worse.... could have been another DRL guide lol

Doesn't make any more work in the start up process.. You can still turn the key to position 3 to start

As said before, i did it for aesthetics reasons

What is it with people on here being so negative

If people have fitted DRLs and done a guide, be grateful for the their help.. Don't just slate them because YOU don't like them

Ben i agree, i will be trying to position it where Ford put it at the weekend il post back here with pictures on how it goes, iv checked on the fiestamk7.com forum and seen your other posts, you deserve gratitude not to be ripped for helping people, I have DRLS and was going to post a wiring diagram but to be honest just didn't see the point really usually this is a friendly place but lately some people seem to be negative about people making mods to their car, even though this is a car modding forum.

From what I can see, when I was checking for footwell blub holders, at the side of the clutch peddle there is a button that is depressed when you press the clutch, ie to start it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Quick question for you, i like the idea of this can you tell and maybe show me some way will this work for a for fiesta mk6 facelift?

Matt

Also where did you get the black/red ford badges are they standard for your model, part numbers?

Hi,Quick question for you, i like the idea of this can you tell and maybe show me some way will this work for a for fiesta mk6 facelift?Matt

For the mk6 facelift

On the Ignition Loom

Stage 2 (Ignition Live) = Yellow/Green

Stage 3 (Starter Motor) = Black/Grey

Please check these with a multimeter before connecting this up

To check stage 2, turn the multimeter to Volts, fix the black prong to a good earth and the red prong to the Yellow/Grey wire, turn the key to stage 2 and see if the multimeter now shows 12v

To check stage 3, again turn the multimeter to Volts and fix the black prong to a good earth, connect the red prong to the Black/Grey wire, turn the key from stage 2 to stage 3 (starting the car) and check the multimeter briefly reads 12v

Also where did you get the black/red ford badges are they standard for your model, part numbers?

They are from a website called DMB Graphics.. Search it on google

• 3 months later...

A much better location for the button! I'm glad you moved it.

Yeah, good luck when stalling! I know! When at a roundabout, and traffic infront moves, and I bring clutch up, but not enough acceleration, and it stalls, whack clutch down, hit button, go!

• 4 months later...

So when u say will not replace the key, stage one is like audio yeah, and stage 2 is where ur electrics come on, then the last one ignites the car? Instead of turning the key to 3 u just push the button yh??

Imma one click away from buying myself on! :D and I'd defo use this guide :P!!!

So when u say will not replace the key, stage one is like audio yeah, and stage 2 is where ur electrics come on, then the last one ignites the car? Instead of turning the key to 3 u just push the button yh??

Imma one click away from buying myself on! :D and I'd defo use this guide :P!!!

Yes, you turn the key to 2 then press the button.

yes the novelty of having a button, but surely key in, pos 1, pos 2 button is slower than key in, 1-2-3 go!

Its like the button on the Honda Civic. Its sort of pointless. (Except on the civic you have to use it you cant turn the key further instead.

I mean why have a system where you put the key to position 2 then have to press a button? I like start buttons theyre a cool novelty but unless you have keyless start like my dad's Megane or the option on the titaniums (now standard I believe?) then its kind of pointless.

Its like the button on the Honda Civic. Its sort of pointless. (Except on the civic you have to use it you cant turn the key further instead.

I like start buttons theyre a cool novelty but unless you have keyless start like my dad's Megane or the option on the titaniums (now standard I believe?) then its kind of pointless.

Agree with you 100% mate,:)

Its double Jobbing id prefer a 12v Socket for my Sat Nav, Mp3 or Phone Charger,

If i had keyless entry then yes id love a push start but i have an ignition so no thanks.

Keyless start is great, jump in and foot on clutch, push button and go!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club