Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2010 Foot Well Lights

Lenny

Hi all,

I have located the bulb sockets in the front foot wells of the focus dashboard put in the old indicator bulbs from the wing mirrors to try. Also checked the rear of the bulb sockets and there is cables leading from them,

So why wont the light up??

Do I need to add an extra fuse if yes where is the fuse box?

Or

Are the cables leading from the bulb sockets wired to anything at the other end??

When should they light up?

When I put on lights or open the doors or both, really want to get them going please help :blink: .

Hi all,

I have located the bulb sockets in the front foot wells of the focus dashboard put in the old indicator bulbs from the wing mirrors to try. Also checked the rear of the bulb sockets and there is cables leading from them,

So why wont the light up??

Do I need to add an extra fuse if yes where is the fuse box?

Or

Are the cables leading from the bulb sockets wired to anything at the other end??

When should they light up?

When I put on lights or open the doors or both, really want to get them going please help :blink: .

Strange why they are not working, with my 2002 Foucus Zetec once I found the sockets I just popped two wedge bulbs in and that was it.

The footwell lights are linked to the courtesy light so they should only come on when the doors are opened and go off the same time as the courtesy light, that's how it works on mine Not sure if the newer focus do this differently or have a separate fuse, wouldn't have thought so.

If the courtesy light is working then so should the footwell ones. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

• 2 weeks later...

the bulb has to be in a certain way... bit like a battery has a + & -

sorry but your wrong, now if you don't believe me, just try taking the bulb out turn it 180 degrees and reinserting it. Having said that I just tried it on one of mine but I cannot get enough purchase on it to get it out, but I stand by what I said.

Lenny, have you pushed it far enough home ? Mine just worked from the off mate. If that fails try putting a meter on the two terminals at the back of the bulb holder if you can get to them. Least ways that way you will know for definite if there is juice to them. [it may be one wire and "ground" you have to put your probes to.]

the bulb has to be in a certain way... bit like a battery has a + & -

this is only true on LED's as they are Diodes and only pass and work with voltage and current going through them in a certain direction...not the case with general purpose light bulbs with a filament.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club