Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seating Position

jd55

Hi- new member here.

I've just bought a Focus Ghia which is great except for the fact that I can't get comfy. If I'm near enough to depress the clutch pedal fully then when I put my foot on it at the top the angle is sharp. I'm getting sharp leg pains- in my left shin and ankle. If I move so that my foot is more comfy when i put it on the clutch it is too far to press it right down. The seat doesn't really lower it tips- back and forth but that is probably what would help reduce the angle of my foot/shin when changing gear. Is there anyting I can do? Could still exchange -tried a fiesta but there is no space at the side of the clutch for your left foot. The garage said all focuses will be exactly the same- i'm 5'7'' not an unusual size!

Is there any adjustment there could be done to either the clutch pedal- reducing distance- or the seat- lowering it?

Hi- new member here.

I've just bought a Focus Ghia which is great except for the fact that I can't get comfy. If I'm near enough to depress the clutch pedal fully then when I put my foot on it at the top the angle is sharp. I'm getting sharp leg pains- in my left shin and ankle. If I move so that my foot is more comfy when i put it on the clutch it is too far to press it right down. The seat doesn't really lower it tips- back and forth but that is probably what would help reduce the angle of my foot/shin when changing gear. Is there anyting I can do? Could still exchange -tried a fiesta but there is no space at the side of the clutch for your left foot. The garage said all focuses will be exactly the same- i'm 5'7'' not an unusual size!

Is there any adjustment there could be done to either the clutch pedal- reducing distance- or the seat- lowering it?

I'm about the same height and have no problems changing gear in my Focus, have you tried lowering the seat (with the the push handle) when your close enough to reach the pedal correctly?

On some of the newer Focus' the pedals also move.

I'm about the same height and have no problems changing gear in my Focus, have you tried lowering the seat (with the the push handle) when your close enough to reach the pedal correctly?

On some of the newer Focus' the pedals also move.

Mine's a 55 so not new enough to move. Thanks anyway.