Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locking From Inside?

mitch84

Hi

I have a focus titanium 2010 mk2.5 , I used to have a fiesta zetec mk7 which had a button on the dash to lock all doors so no one can open them from the outside , I cant seem to find such a button on my focus?

I will look in my owners Manuel , just feeling a bit lazy today!!! :ph34r: .

I have noticed a button on my drivers door just above the window controls which has a shape of the car and a sonar type image in the middle of it, could that be it?

cheers

Mitch

You see the door handle the handle part been the longer silver handle. Just above it is a smaller silver button (which looks part of the handle) Hit that and theres you door locks.

Alternatively lock the car with you outside looking at a interior door handle and your'll see where to press

EDIT: People can now read this without glasses

Edited by volts

You see the door handle the handle part been the longer silver handle. Just above it is a smaller silver button (which looks part of the handle) Hit that and theres you door locks.

Alternatively lock the car with you outside looking at a interior door handle and your'll see where to press

thanks will check later , cant say I've noticed any such button but perhaps its well concealed!

cheers

The button you are referring too is to turn off the interior alarm scan.

as said above where you pull the handle to open the door from inside , above than is the locking button which you push once to single lock and push it further to double lock , double lock is not advised if your inside the car.

The button you are referring too is to turn off the interior alarm scan.

as said above where you pull the handle to open the door from inside , above than is the locking button which you push once to single lock and push it further to double lock , double lock is not advised if your inside the car.

Ok , I take it it only locks from outside when I use this feature? and if I pull on the handle it opens as normal?

cheers

not exactly the buttm locks the doors while you are in the car its a safety feature to prevent some degenerate trying to car jack you at trafic lights.when you pull the handle to get out it opens

Just to point out the obvious, on the MK2 / 2.5 I believe that the lock switch is on the drivers door, just above the big handle, is the lock switch that doesnt move as you open the handle.

Stand outside the car, and lock the car, you will see what I mean.

All you need to do is push that in, and all doors lock from the outside, but can be opened from the inside.

I know it seems obvious but I have often gone into a deep and complex spiral for such a very easy fix.

thanks guys , found it and it worked.

Only thing is I don't think its possible to push it twice to double lock it , from the inside , but that's something not really something you would want to do anyway like you said.

Just to point out the obvious, on the MK2 / 2.5 I believe that the lock switch is on the drivers door, just above the big handle, is the lock switch that doesnt move as you open the handle.

Stand outside the car, and lock the car, you will see what I mean.

All you need to do is push that in, and all doors lock from the outside, but can be opened from the inside.

I know it seems obvious but I have often gone into a deep and complex spiral for such a very easy fix.

You are right, I’ve just had a look and it does what you said.

Thanks for that tip, I hadn’t realised it had been moved, my last car was a 1999 Mondeo, on that car you pushed in the door handle that was used for opening the door, its not something I generally need to use in Sussex, we don’t have a lot of car-jacking here. :)

Glad to be of service, 12 montyhs later and no Focus still glad to be useful and not waste valuable typing space :P lol

Mitch, you cant fouble lock the car on the door itself, you would need to double tap the lock button on your key before placing in the ignition. Even then, I think when you start the car, it goes to first lock rather than double lock, this would be a safety feature, rather than a problem.

Last thing you want is your car upside down, in a ditch and the car double locked so no one can get in...

Glad to be of service, 12 montyhs later and no Focus still glad to be useful and not waste valuable typing space :P lol

Yeh, you're ok for now :P

Last thing you want is your car upside down, in a ditch and the car double locked so no one can get in...

Indeed, I'm sure the rescue services will appreciate that. :)

Dont worry guys , I wasn't planing on doing that :) , just wanted to make sure it was not possible to do it on the door handle itself.

Thanks for the vote of conidence on that one stoney ;) lol

Mitch, fair play, always good to learn about your car!

also, apologies for my dreadful spelling on the last few posts, I think I need to start proof reading!

Thanks for the vote of conidence on that one stoney ;) lol

Mitch, fair play, always good to learn about your car!

also, apologies for my dreadful spelling on the last few posts, I think I need to start proof reading!

Don’t worry about the speeelling, I do it all the tim. :D

I always find your posts interesting, even though now drive a Ceed. <_<

I always find your posts interesting, even though now drive a Ceed. <_<

I'm sure we can accommodate all types here. ;) :P

Thats what I love about this forum, the prejudice is very well hidden and no one ever see's :P it gives off a very good impression!

nds, its not that bad :P lol, could be worse, I could be driving the picanto :P... without hijacking this thread too much, I do wonder if any of you have seen the new 2013 Cee'd and see what your thoughts are against the new Focus...

might be worth a new thread...

Hey could be worse.

You could be driving a Vauxhall (spit). ;)

Only joking Jeebo, I must admit I know nothing about the Ceed. :ph34r:

Stoney, I agree, I could have crossed to the dark side, If I want a big car, that will probably break very often, I might go with the Vectra, but there are alternatives I would prefer!

lol, dont worry nds, :P the Cee'd is alright, its a reasonable car and reliable, very Focus like in fact! I do love the Cee'd, just falling out quickly with petrol as 1) im miffed the price has gone up on petrol 2) falling out with the mileage, I miss the old 50-60 mpg of the Diesel!

btw, you have a child lock on your back doors. Just beneath the door lock, you'll see a small plastic white screw, just turn it and you will not be able to open the door from inside, no matter if it's locked or not. This is a safety feature so your kids don;t open the door while driving and stuff.

Also, there is a way to actually auto-lock all doors, when you go faster them 8 mph. This can be done thru FORD IDS program or, there is a LONG combo you could try. I still think you have to have 4 electric windows also ... don's ask why :).. I'll post it if i find it.

btw, you have a child lock on your back doors. Just beneath the door lock, you'll see a small plastic white screw, just turn it and you will not be able to open the door from inside, no matter if it's locked or not. This is a safety feature so your kids don;t open the door while driving and stuff.

Also, there is a way to actually auto-lock all doors, when you go faster them 8 mph. This can be done thru FORD IDS program or, there is a LONG combo you could try. I still think you have to have 4 electricwindows also ... don's ask why :).. I'll post it if i find it.

good to know when and if I have kids :) , found a good way to open all windows on the focus , if you press and hold unlock it opens the car and opens all windows and if you hold lock it locks and shuts all windows , handy feature that I just found out , good if you want to let some fresh air into your car on a hot and sunny day before you get inside the car and handy if someone leaves a window open!

Yeah I think thats a titanium only feature...? But Child locks are a great tool, its what the police use on their cars, so that when they shove someone in the back seat, they cant just cross over, open the door and do a runner!

But Child locks are a great tool, its what the police use on their cars, so that when they shove someone in the back seat, they cant just cross over, open the door and do a runner!

:) ;)

Use the ELM cable and ELM-FF2 program and you can activate the Central locking while driving away , it works flawlessly , combined with the child locks it's worth every penny for safer driving

Stoney, that looks like a "well... we used to, but now we cant do that any more for one reason or another"... lol

Preee, those packages you refer to, how much are they, and I presume they work across most cars, or are they Ford specific designs...?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club