Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratches

Matt93

Hey,

After finally getting a day off and a chance to have a proper look at my car today, i decided to look into removing some of the scratches that it had on from the previous owner. I used some Meguiars Scratch X on them. On the smaller scratches it worked brilliantly, they can barely be seen at all now :D but some of the scratches are deeper than i first thought so therefore are still present. What would be the best way of getting rid of these or making them less visible?

Thanks

(sorry for any silly questions i may post, im starting from a severe lack of car knowledge aha)

I've had good results with jml mantis scratch removes pens for scratches which were a bit big to polish out but small enough to just be in the clear coat.

Use a compound instead of the scratch x remover. They tend to be more abrasive, meaning they will work better.

Or get yourself a turtle wax chip stick:

$(KGrHqZ,!nYE8ZG)MF(JBPp8c73qC!~~60_35.JPG

You fill the scratch with the stick and put the liquid on top to lock it in. Keep doing it over a period of time and it fills the scratch

If your finger nail gets into the scratch, then it's too deep to "fill" with the above products. This type of scratch needs a respray/touch up. If the scratch is not too deep, give G3 Pro scratch remover a go. It's been highly rated on detailing world, and by Auto Express.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club