Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

obanfordman

Mondeo Lights

4 posts in this topic

Greetings, I have a 96 2.0 Ghia Hatch that has just sailed through yet another MOT. Was given

an advisory for the rear lights. All of the light cluster works apart from the rear light itself. Have

changed the bulbs with no joy. I can't see anything on the fuse map to say if they have a unique

fuse. The front lights are ok.

Is there anyone out there in Ford land that can help please.

Ta

Kevin

Hi kev

not too sure what you are asking but have you checked the wire connectsions for corrosion and or the bulb holders.

How did it pass the MOT with a bulb out?

welcome along obanfordman, it is a bit concerning that you passed an MOT with a bulb out lol... Or was it a provisional pass pending getting the bulb fixed?

I would suggest corrosion, take a multimeter and see if you can detect any current at the holder at various points. Might be worth pulling out the cluster, and checking the wiring up to the cluster and then the unit itself for any corrosion as advised above.