Markthechat

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

I also had another pleasant surprise wen i did my 7 day insurance cover as am already insured with ford insure as got 9 months left on my policy an only got an additional £46 extra to pay for my ST :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#92 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,519 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Been offered £7,100 for my Mitsubishi Colt as part-ex, so may consider getting the ST as a track car if I can justify it over the Colt.

#93 CJ989

CJ989

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

My s1600 was in for its 1st service today, so enquired with the dealer about an ST. They said there would be no chance of a test drive without buying! He said they are as rare as 'hens teeth' and dealers are fighting over them.

If I ordered one tomorrow, it wouldn't arrive till mid may at the very earliest, although it would probably be longer apparently.

#94 Markthechat

Markthechat

Markthechat

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

I was told mine is the first one to arrive at my dealer as they are like gold dust at the mo as I did also read ford has taken about 900 orders for them so i think demo models are going to be rare for a while until the orders are satisfied .

#95 MarkyR

MarkyR

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Yeap, those 5000 cars allocated to the UK are going to go in no time. Having read first reviews of the Clio RS and 208GTI, the ST does seem to be the best of the bunch  :D but I would of got an ST anyway.

#96 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Been offered £7,100 for my Mitsubishi Colt as part-ex, so may consider getting the ST as a track car if I can justify it over the Colt.

Go on.. you know you want to  :D  B)

#97 Dal.

Dal.

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST225

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

I was told mine is the first one to arrive at my dealer as they are like gold dust at the mo as I did also read ford has taken about 900 orders for them so i think demo models are going to be rare for a while until the orders are satisfied .

I wonder if Ford have learnt the lesson from the over supply of the recent Focus ST - keep the supply low and keep the demand strong...

;)

#98 Markthechat

Markthechat

Markthechat

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Yes i think they have done just that as i looked at the Focus ST last August just after they started to arrive in the UK an was told i could have one in 3 weeks on a confirmed order so they did have an over supply of them proberbly thinking they'd fly off the production line .
Thing is the Focus is rather expensive once you add a few options an only comes with five doors which lets it down as far as looking sporty , i have had 4 st170's and 2 st225's in the past and always brought 3 door versions an why i decided to wait for the Fiesta st as it looks nicer an cheaper on the insurance , tax an running costs :)

#99 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,519 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Go on.. you know you want to  :D  B)

Trouble is the Colt is an awesome machine, I'm on 240bhp after doing stuff all to it, and that's lightning fast, and handles well. I'm going to end up paying quite a bit out for just a track car, when really I have one already >.<

Still, lets see what the next few weeks hold :P

#100 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Trouble is the Colt is an awesome machine, I'm on 240bhp after doing stuff all to it, and that's lightning fast, and handles well. I'm going to end up paying quite a bit out for just a track car, when really I have one already >.<

Still, lets see what the next few weeks hold :P

haha, it's OLD!!! Get something NEW!!! haha, but if you have a Colt with 240bhp I can imagine you have spent a lot of love and money on it, sweat and blood as well if you did the work yourself no doubt. Still it could be a cool new project, but I can appreciate the comfort you've got if you already have the track car you want, an ST would be a purchase for that new thing feeling, if you know what I mean?

#101 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,519 posts
Contributor

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Car has cost £5,500 including buying, repairing and then modifying so it's not too bad really. Already have a diesel Zetec S coming for the newbie :P so it's a tough decision really, I mean if I wrote my colt off, I could just say oops and repair, whereas a brand new £18k car... not a happy situation.

#102 Markthechat

Markthechat

Markthechat

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Looks like i got to wait until nextweek as my car is still at dagtops , i was told there's a backlog of about 2,000 cars waiting to be shipped to dealers across the country , Ford is having problems making March deliveries on fiestas , b Max's an kugas all being new models .
Any one got there ST yet or you all been told next week like me ?

#103 andrew43

andrew43

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec-s mountune

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Looks like i got to wait until nextweek as my car is still at dagtops , i was told there's a backlog of about 2,000 cars waiting to be shipped to dealers across the country , Ford is having problems making March deliveries on fiestas , b Max's an kugas all being new models .

ive heard nothing car has been in flushing compound since 15th march ment to be with my dealer on the 30th so who knows

Edited by Mark M.K, 28 March 2013 - 07:59 PM.
fixed quote

#104 TheMilko

TheMilko

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name: Jason
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta ST2

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Got a call today, to say my ST2 is on UK tarmac but got to wait until next week for it to get to Nottingham from somewhere down south.
Hey ho, at least all the !Removed! snow & road salt should have been washed away by then

#105 Markthechat

Markthechat

Markthechat

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

If your ST is in the UK it will be at dagtops which is dagenham as they come in on fords own ferry , mine arrived on the 23rd an has been there all week , my dealer has prioritised my car to be delivered but there are 2,000 cars waiting to be transported around the UK .

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users