Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

The Dark Knight

Heading Towards Claimed Mpg

2 posts in this topic

I don't drive economically and haven't used the point scoring thingy on the Sync system and I rarely re-set the MPG readout.

Today though I was doing a 16 mile drive to Derby down the A38. I re-set the MPG when joining the slip road and didn't bother to drive like Miss Daisy. There were moments of flooring it in 5th once a gap opened up in the outside lane and slowing down for lorries.

Having reached heavy traffic in Derby, the computer had settled nicely to give a proper reading and was showing 59.5MPG! As near as makes no difference 5MPG off the claimed figure of 65MPG.

I reckon if I had been travelling longer on the A38 I would have hit 60MPG and maybe beyond. Not bad to say the car only has 1430 miles on the clock and should offer encouragement to potential buyers on the forum. A stunning all rounder!

I can report that yesterday I hit 60mpg after doing the same drive to Derby. Only just nudging 1500 miles on the clock so with a few more thousand miles and on a good steady run, I reckon I can hit 65mpg...

P.S, currently running on Shell V-Power Nitro+ but I wouldn't go as far as claiming that is responsible for the high mpg...