Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Cree Bulbs

skyshaddow

Hi guys,

Thinking of swapping out my bulbs for cree ones, can you fill me in on what ones can be changed and the legality of it as i understand not all of them are road legal.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Thinking of swapping out my bulbs for cree ones, can you fill me in on what ones can be changed and the legality of it as i understand not all of them are road legal.

Cheers

Mike

To be road legal?

Don't fit any... because LED's don't have focus their not legal for road use with the exception of drls which are E4 stamped for road compliance,

However you can like me

Fit Cree H11 fog light bulbs

Cree BA15s reverse bulbs

Cree BA15s rear fog light bulb

Cree T10 w5 parking bulbs

Cops don't bother or even notice as they look just like a 6000kelvin HID Kit.

But MOT will fail you on focus of light.

I replaced my fog and reverse bulbs with CREE, but i have to admit that i am completely disappointed.

The reverse bulb is too focused and the light does not scatter around so i cannot see where i am reversing, even tho i got a powerful one with two chips inside. I am now worried that my fog lamp will be unsafe due to that reason.

Do you think something like that would pass MOT and produce enough light to back-up safely? If not, I'll probably switch to the stock bulbs...

• Like 1

I replaced my fog and reverse bulbs with CREE, but i have to admit that i am completely disappointed.

The reverse bulb is too focused and the light does not scatter around so i cannot see where i am reversing, even tho i got a powerful one with two chips inside. I am now worried that my fog lamp will be unsafe due to that reason.

Do you think something like that would pass MOT and produce enough light to back-up safely? If not, I'll probably switch to the stock bulbs...

WoW those new cree look fantastic,

From what I've read before on rules of lighting; LED light can't be focused to a fixed point in the distance, halogen bulbs can be designed to project light out to a fixed point in the distance which can be aligned so as not to blind other drivers but LED light can't be projected or focused it spreads equal levels of light in all directions.

Now I think reverse light is classed as axillary lighting so may not be checked on the MOT

They don't check reverse light or rear fog light on the MOT in Ireland

Reverse light and fog lights are checked yes the cree are good for rear reverse and fog useless for anything else as they dont light up the road well

• Like 1

Reverse light and fog lights are checked yes the cree are good for rear reverse and fog useless for anything else as they dont light up the road well

+1

Fitted Cree H11 front fog they look great just like HiD units but in regards of spreading out light...

I've had better light from my bicycle

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club