Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuck On "ford Audio Welcome" - Media Centre Broken!

jd1990

On 5/11/2016 at 4:44 AM, CharHughes93 said:

Hi, I got my fiesta last week and the sat nav/lighter socket wasn't working, so after replacing the fuse for that my radio decided to stop working. At first was stuck on passenger/driver door open, now stuck on ford audio welcome. I tried disconnecting the battery for an hour, no luck! Did anyone come up with a solution to this problem?

I had this issue today, did you get a solution?

• 7 months later...

Bought 2012 Ford fiesta used. Radio never worked the fuse is good. I unhooked the battery and took the fuse out. Put another fiesta radio in. Nothing there. Only the green setting icon shows in the lower left. And when I hit  menu my only options are Vehicle  ,Display, Language, Messages and that is limited. What can I do. No other buttons work. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE and the same issue is occurring with me as well I need a radio and need it yesterday please help!!!

• 4 weeks later...

First time posting in a forum so bear with me. I usually come to get info not give but this radio issue appears to be unanswered. I have a 2012 Focus with the basic system and the very common "Ford Audio Welcome" message stuck on the screen. I am sorry to say I didn't take any photos but here is what I did to get the stereo up and running again. Remove the faceplate/control panel and also remove the stereo/CD player. You should be able to google this pretty easy. After the stereo/CD player is removed, remove the cover from it. It will be held on with 4 small torx screws and then just pop the clips up to lift the cover straight up. You the need to loosen the 2 black larger torx screws to lift the circuit board out and unplug it from the CD player. Once you have the radio circuit board out take it back to the car and plug it in. Also plug the control panel back in. There isn't much slack in these wires but you can manage. have the radio circuit board hanging out of the dash below the control panel. Turn the key and the radio on. You will probably get the same "Ford Audio Welcome" screen. With that still displayed, grab the board from opposite sides and twist it in opposite directions as if you were trying to break it. Try this in both directions. After plenty of loud noise out of my Speakers the radio came back on and has been working since. Clearly this isn't the correct fix, but it tells me all of my problems are in that board. I hope someone with some electronic experience can trace the problem on the board and probably find a cold solder joint. As I said I know this isn't the perfect answer but at least you will know what component is causing you problems and stop trying to find the fuse. Obviously, you should put everything back as it was. I hope this helps someone. 

• Thanks 1

Thank You! Thank You! Pete Tag. I just tried what you said and it fixed both radio. I had bough a replacement from junkyard and It did the same as old radio. Just a slight twice is all it took and both radio work great. Thanks Again

• 5 months later...

Unbelievable!  The twist the circuit board trick worked!  Radio fired up no problem. Thanks, PeteTag!!

@PeteTag   Many thanks for the information.   One to be remembered for future use.

• 8 months later...

I am having the same issue with my car stereo all it say is welcome to ford Audio.. it is doing my head in now as i cant get it to work 

1 hour ago, Terri65 said:

I am having the same issue with my car stereo all it say is welcome to ford Audio.. it is doing my head in now as i cant get it to work 

OK, I'll ask, have you tried the 'fix' published in the last few posts or are just hoping for something different?

• 2 months later...

Have you tried replacing fuse 21 in the fuse box? It should be 15A

12 minutes ago, Nhix said:

Have you tried replacing fuse 21 in the fuse box? It should be 15A

Excellent suggestion, I'm surprised that no one in the last 8 years has suggested that! Oh, wait a minute... 🤣

Welcome to the forum...

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2020 at 5:16 PM, PeteTag said:

First time posting in a forum so bear with me. I usually come to get info not give but this radio issue appears to be unanswered. I have a 2012 Focus with the basic system and the very common "Ford Audio Welcome" message stuck on the screen. I am sorry to say I didn't take any photos but here is what I did to get the stereo up and running again. Remove the faceplate/control panel and also remove the stereo/CD player. You should be able to google this pretty easy. After the stereo/CD player is removed, remove the cover from it. It will be held on with 4 small torx screws and then just pop the clips up to lift the cover straight up. You the need to loosen the 2 black larger torx screws to lift the circuit board out and unplug it from the CD player. Once you have the radio circuit board out take it back to the car and plug it in. Also plug the control panel back in. There isn't much slack in these wires but you can manage. have the radio circuit board hanging out of the dash below the control panel. Turn the key and the radio on. You will probably get the same "Ford Audio Welcome" screen. With that still displayed, grab the board from opposite sides and twist it in opposite directions as if you were trying to break it. Try this in both directions. After plenty of loud noise out of my speakers the radio came back on and has been working since. Clearly this isn't the correct fix, but it tells me all of my problems are in that board. I hope someone with some electronic experience can trace the problem on the board and probably find a cold solder joint. As I said I know this isn't the perfect answer but at least you will know what component is causing you problems and stop trying to find the fuse. Obviously, you should put everything back as it was. I hope this helps someone. 

Came in here to say this WORKED!  US based 2012 Fiesta.  Thank you! 

• 4 months later...

Anyone still having this issue? Went to change my head unit to an android screen and when I put the original radio back in greeted with a Ford audio screen with just the green cog showing and nothing else…

can’t seem to fix this even after trying everything that has been mentioned so far has anyone managed to sort this out or am I going to be stuck with out a radio from now on?

• 10 months later...
On 5/21/2023 at 5:02 PM, Damian Bowles said:

Anyone still having this issue? Went to change my head unit to an android screen and when I put the original radio back in greeted with a Ford audio screen with just the green cog showing and nothing else…

can’t seem to fix this even after trying everything that has been mentioned so far has anyone managed to sort this out or am I going to be stuck with out a radio from now on?

Hello!

I've done the exact same thing as you and my ford has done the same thing and is stuck on the "ford audio" screen.

Did you ever get a fix for this issue?

9 minutes ago, Oliver S said:

Did you ever get a fix for this issue?

You might have a long wait for an answer:

Untitled.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club