Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Install Guide?

GothicRebel

Nope that connector is not there.

Nor is that grey mic connecter.

Me and the old man pulled out all the grey foam from behind the glove box.

It's not there. :(

I did find this.post-19574-138933410803_thumb.jpg

Not sure what that is.

From what I've read if you've got the mic cable in the light housing you will have the rest of the cabling that plugs into the module. I think it will deffo be there somewhere. I'd you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the parts from the breakers. Trying to get a gauge on whether to get the parts from a breakers or just pay 200 for the full novero retrofit kitSent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

£150 -

Mic

Mic loom.

Armrest console that has usb, aux and power socket.

bluetooth module with VC abd USB.

Bracket and screws.

All shipped from Motorhog at Doncaster to my local yard at Sheffield.

After buying it all. I found that i've already got the mic loom.

Seems like a good deal as you are getting the armrest console in that. But I suppose you are going to have to buy the retro fit loom or the interior loom from a scrap car now if you haven't got the plugs. I have been searching scrappers for a week - must have mailed 10 - either no response or its already been sold - these things are like hot cakes. I didn't have any wiring for it either, so yesterday I bit the bullet and forked out for the novero retrofit kit, got it for 200 delivered and it comes with every thing I need - just plug and play

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

200 for everything? Was that from ford?

If so all I need is the loom.

Was it easy to install?

When I say everything that is the retrofit loom/module/mic/USB cable and some other little bits in that kit. I will just route the USB into the glove or get a socket that goes next to the heated screen switches prob just the glove tho as means I don't have to spend any more cash! I basically lost patience with the search to be fair and worked out if anything once I had sourced the bits separately it would save me maybe £50 at the most - not worth my time and hassle to be fair, if I had the wiring I would have deffo gone down the scrappy/ eBay route.

Getting the kit delivered today so hope to fit tomorrow weather permitting.

Should just be:

Remove stereo to fit loom

Remove glove to fit module

Route loom behind glove/connect

Route USB into glove

Install mic and run cable down the passenger a pillar and connect

Refit all

Update software

I reckon about an hour or so to do.

Search novero ford retrofit on Google and you will see the kit.

I wonder if I can just get the main loom.

When it arrives could you take detailed pics of it all. Personally I'd love to see both ends of the loom that connects to the bluetooth. And the other end of the mic loom.

And one of the back of your stereo. If you wouldn't mind?

Hopefully like you. Should be an easy job if I can get a loom. As my old man pics my bits up from

The scrappy today

I will be taking some pics so I can put an update in my timeline thread. I will also take some of the kit / plugs before install and post back here when done. No probs.

Im interested in the novero kit also so please keep us updated on your experience with the kit! Can you use bluetooth a2dp? And control iPod from the head unit with full track info if connected via usb?

Im interested in the novero kit also so please keep us updated on your experience with the kit! Can you use bluetooth a2dp? And control iPod from the head unit with full track info if connected via usb?

Yes you can using the proper ford Bluetooth/voice control/USB kit. iPod info comes up and A2DP streaming is available and also gives the track name on my Sony unit.

Happy days! Thanks mate this is good news for those like me that don't have the loom in place! Just need to purchase a sony head unit first pref 2010-11 version so i can guarantee latest firmware!

What James said. I will post my experiences. Its arrived but I'm at work :-(

• Like 1

My car is a 2008 and my software was still new enough to accept USB (and then update to the latest one).

I think the cut off was sometime in early 2008 though as there are people with early Sony units that do not accept USB.

• Like 1

Had another good look.

Can't see it anywhere.

This is the back of my sony head unit.

post-19574-138935905291_thumb.jpg

Where does the plug and play kit loom fix into the radio?

I think I've just found the grey connector block. I think Gav said it's for the mic?

Stuffed here post-19574-138935996663_thumb.jpg

Passenger side door trim level to the wing mirror

Had another good look.

Can't see it anywhere.

This is the back of my sony head unit.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1389359051.275485.jpg

Where does the plug and play kit loom fix into the radio?

The retrofit wiring loom is connected between the radio and the Quadlock (radio connector). It is not connected to the radio directly. The other end of the cable is attached to the microphone connector and the Bluetooth/voicecontrol connector. This wiring loom costs approximately €135,- from Ford.

BT-VCkabel.jpg

The retrofit wiring loom is connected between the radio and the Quadlock (radio connector). It is not connected to the radio directly. The other end of the cable is attached to the microphone connector and the Bluetooth/voicecontrol connector. This wiring loom costs approximately €135,- from Ford.BT-VCkabel.jpg

Do you happen to know the UK ford part number for the loom im missing?

Ok I followed the mic loom

This afternoon after seeing the grey block in the passenger pillar. After the grey block the wire then goes to this grey pipe visible wires head to the center dash and the pipe goes down and opens up again at the passenger footwell. Then heads to the rear of the car. Rear Speakers?

post-19574-13893698652_thumb.jpg

The retrofit wiring loom is connected between the radio and the Quadlock (radio connector). It is not connected to the radio directly. The other end of the cable is attached to the microphone connector and the Bluetooth/voicecontrol connector. This wiring loom costs approximately €135,- from Ford.

Posted Image

€135? Is that a typo?

No, unfortunately not.

From Ford the complete retrofit kit costs about €500,- and the seperate parts which are included in the kit are also expensive.

I bought all Bluetooth/Voicecontrol parts from a local scrapyard for less than €40,-. I made the wiring loom myself using an interior wiring loom from a scrap Focus MK2.5.

Wow steep, makes my 200 kit cheap as chips!

Here's a link to pics of the kit. Let me know if you need owt else

Keep us up to date on the fitting! Looks good!

Fitted the kit and all working fine! Took about an hour. Very easy. Funny thing was I found the module connector but I deffo had no mic going in to the roof lining. The retrofit kit kit just makes it so easy. I will be posting some pics later in my thread ( not really that much to say to be honest)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club